Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A prisoner of FS9...HELP! or AKA, Cranbrook, B.C.

Hi Sesquashtoo,

If you decide to venture a little further west, to the Lower Mainland, I highly sugest checking out Jonathan Gabbert's version of CYVR.

The amount of detail is incredible, and all for the low, low price of $0.00.  :shok::BigGrin:  

Cheers, Craig

and looooooooooooooookin' good!

Hyperbole

Hyperbole

at least not hyper-downer....(smile).

Pictures don't lie. All my recent post-fooling around pic series show...that  I am getting clear, crisp ground graphics, with trees in the forest, even from thousands of feet in altitude...can be seen as individual, or with tree foliage and roughage. Even the trees as I taxi past them, look just as good as the latest HD trees from ORBX, for bough and foliage detail!  I am certainly not having my eyes hurt looking at them while at taxi in Cranbrook! I have ground scenes now with great cohesion, and that is what matters...and not whether a tile is 512,1024, and on...  The bottom line, does it create a sense of being there?  FS9, now, upon my system, answers the call, just as much as FSX, P3D, and XPX does. FS9 has NEVER been beaten by any sim platform following it...for color pallets (mimicking real-world looks), whether on the ground, or in the air, (clouds and sky colors throughout all the 24 hour cycle). Everything that followed, has always...looked over saturated and cartoonish, and we have all just learned to live with it. It is..what it is. The deep, mature colors of FS9, is the only sim (with perhaps XPX being a runner up) that mimics the real world colors of farm and field, forests, etc...at anything over 3,500 feet.  FSX and P3D simply, do not. That is another feature of the Grand Girl that always draws me back. Why they messed with the color pallets in FSX, has always had me scratching my head. The only color pallet FS9 is bested by, with viewing FSX and P3D, is water body colors. That absolutely, is beyond FS9's pervue...but ground and sky...not on your life!

The one thing always that held me back from true/complete FS9 enjoyment, were/was blurry ground textures...and no ability for them to clear up to the horizon, before my messing around. Now...over those mountains, valleys, and water, you see in this series of pics...that is no longer an issue.  As I stated...loooooooookin' good, no matter they are 512 formats. Doesn't matter to me, in the slightest. Only that they look good, for their format. For what I see, and enjoy now upon this platform...it is a serious daily contender, for my flight sim usage.

Flying today at FL270 from Cranbrook, to Toronto Pearson with REX2004 Extreme/Overdrive being driven by Active Sky Evolution, in FS9 mode...was one of the most enjoyable flights in a long time. The terrain below my wings 27,000 feet below...looked....great!  Looking down, that 27,000 feet below...each farm field, each section of forested area, each lake body...was absolutely well defined, and not merely a brownish scab upon a background of green/brown blur that was supposed to represent field and woodland.  Look at these pictures with elevations of the Eclipse at 14,000 feet...and everything is well defined, stays well defined...and I have seen some mountain mesh snap into focus faster, than I can even try to see what was in blur (if any!) a sheer second ago.  At Cranbrook...in my pics...the mountain ranges, miles upon miles out, beyond the airport, (even with haze) are well defined ridges, with grey rock outcroppings...that beg you to come over, and check them out, once in flight. Not a meandering haze-obscured, blob along the horizon by any means.

I am having an FS9 Renaissance...and it is wonderful to have happening, with the best flight animation, one can ever hope for.  To have those most excellent cloud banks moving under my 27,000 foot high wings....with absolutely not one...even micro stutter...was/is worth the whole price of admission.  That alone, would have me coming back and back, for commercial flights in this flight sim.  Not one jerk, pause, or stutter, on the entire flight path, and the approach to SimFlyer's Pearson....was the toast of the glass...3.5 hours later in real time.....so believable....that when I shut the WestJet 737 down at the gate...the smile on this pilot's kisser...was HUGE, and satisfying.  It felt like a real world flight, from Cranbrook...right to the Pearson gate....being no different visually, then anything seen from my real-world flights as a passenger viewing the terrain below...

Cheers!

Mitch'er

Hi Sesquashtoo,

If you decide to venture a little further west, to the Lower Mainland, I highly sugest checking out Jonathan Gabbert's version of CYVR.

The amount of detail is incredible, and all for the low, low price of $0.00.  :shok::BigGrin:

Cheers, Craig

OK...I'll load this in, too :)))

Thank you!

If you don't already have it, get FSAddon's Vancouver+ . It covers a lot of area and it really looks great. It's payware but worth it.

Hi Sesquashtoo,

love Your screenshots - fantastic! How did You get this wonderful crisp ground textures?

Best regards

Timo

Hi Sesquashtoo,

love Your screenshots - fantastic! How did You get this wonderful crisp ground textures?

Best regards

Timo

Timo...if I could tell you that....if I had a step-by-step, hand hold post to render...believe me, I would be posting that pronto. I have never been lost for words, in any of these forums....you can trust that.  I honestly...and simply don't know where at what point of my deciding to delve into BEV's mix of different texture files,  did I score the grand-slam. But, the grand slam, I hit.....

If these were not commercial programs...I would have already put together my 'soup recipie' and posted the entire folder...but I can not do that. So..I only can say that you CAN mess around with different textures you purchased, and put together something of your own...and see where that takes you, visually.  It is time consuming....but if you put in that time...you WILL get what you see here...and my other FS9 series of late. 

I would suggest you start with BEV though....first try the configurator....and then...draw from BEV's vast graphic library...and hand place textures, to build up YOUR selections. That is what I did... Oh...and you absolutely need (if you don't have it already...UT for the USA and Canada/Alaska. Europe as well, if you fly there in FS9. I fly Europe in either FSX or P3D, so don't have that one for FS9.

When you get your mix together...just remember, that you can not share it with another. They have to buy the offerings, and do the work themselves....and finally...BACK UP the SOUP!  Create TWO back-ups.....!!!

Cheers!

Ses

If you don't already have it, get FSAddon's Vancouver+ . It covers a lot of area and it really looks great. It's payware but worth it.

"Roger, Roger"!  Thanks for that.

Hi Sesquashtoo,

Thanks for Your answer - I do already use UT and GE Professional and some more... Are Your ground textures as clear as on Your sceeenshots when You're flying over regions without BEV -for for example Europe? Have You tweaked Your Fs9.cfg?

Regards

Timo

Hi Sesquashtoo,

Thanks for Your answer - I do already use UT and GE Professional and some more... Are Your ground textures as clear as on Your sceeenshots when You're flying over regions without BEV -for for example Europe? Have You tweaked Your Fs9.cfg?

Regards

Timo

Hi Timo...I'll post shots of Europe later on, to let you see.  I was just coming here to post a quick shot of central California...having taken off from that little rural landing strip....only have time for a couple of shots...but just to show the diverse graphics I have for any particular part of the country. 

Central California:

Look at the ridges of the tree tops, and the clear cuts to tree-top in the forested sections.They sure look quite 3D to me...with great shadow effect. I'm loving this~!  FS9 ROCKS! FS9's depth-of-color...is simply life-like.  Those farm fields behind me...well...what's to say?   ^_^

cencal.png

cencal2.png

cencal3.png

Here's just leaving Templehof, in Berlin, Germany...driven by OSM data. Sorry, that I had to compress these to be accepted by the upload site...:(, were too large to make it through merely by capture.

berlin1.png

berlin2.png

Some nice pics, once again.

If it were all about scenery, then perhaps I could fly again in FS9.  Some of the most excellent freeware airports, great AI coverage, good performance...

However, my issue with FS9, and the reason why I stopped flying in it, is purely due to the quality aircraft releases for FSX in the last two / three years.  As it stands now, I couldn't go back.

But, it's lucky that a good portion of the best freeware carries over quite nicely! ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Great pics, thanks!!! FS9 is simply great, Even if I am fighting with blurries...

Best regards from Germany and happy flying

Timo

Hi Sesquashtoo,

Great pics, thanks!!! FS9 is simply great, Even if I am fighting with blurries...

Best regards from Germany and happy flying

Timo

Here you go, Timo...and no tweaks to my FS9 cfg file.  I even have clear and crisp textures in Europe as well...I must be living right..lol!  Like I said, FS9 is looking 'Killa'.

All of my Europe ground textures and auto-gen, is being driven by OSM data. The USA, and Canada/Alaska, by Ultimate Terrain

Cheers!

first, Germany (Summer textures)

germ1.png

second, France: (Summer textures)

france1.png

third, Ireland (near Dublin) Spring textures

ire1.png

ire2.png

ire3.png

ire4.png

Thanks again for these wonderful screenshots - will play a little with my settings to get a similar result.

Greetings

Timo

Toppin' PICS  Ooo  HyPer Bolic   ...   une cracker

nothing   2 compare with

aero

excuse my pigeon English..  .manuscripts

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Thanks again for these wonderful screenshots - will play a little with my settings to get a similar result.

Greetings

Timo

You're very welcome.  I'm am playing with the idea of also now picking up UT Europe for FS9.  I am enjoying this platform, in a whole new level of appreciation! I predominantly fly though, within North America, as it lends to the familiar, as I suppose you do, for Europe, living in beautiful Germany!

Cheers, and long life!  :drinks:

Mitch

Toppin' PICS  Ooo  HyPer Bolic   ...   une cracker

nothing   2 compare with

aero

excuse my pigeon English..  .manuscripts

Your English, is just fine!  Your intent came through :), and thank you. Had fun snapping them...one hand on the yoke, the other on the camera, LOL!

Weird considering some of the best releases have been made in fs9 such as the iFly models and the Aeroworx King Air which to me is the hands down best add-on available and I fly it exclusively now. The Only add-on that feels like a real aircraft.

I agree, there have been very fine releases in the past for FS9.  However, it comes down to what you fly.  For me, nothing that I currently fly, whether it be GA, helicopters, or larger turboprops, has an equal in FS9.  It's sad, but it's true.  Each to their own however, and that's not to put down the many wonderful aircraft released on FS9.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.