Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A prisoner of FS9...HELP! or AKA, Cranbrook, B.C.

Thanks again for these wonderful screenshots - will play a little with my settings to get a similar result.

Greetings

Timo

Timo, I am just paused in a flight near Phoenix, AZ, with XPX.35...and thought to suggest, that you might just want to not mess around...(the time), and just ask Jon Aus to post some shots of his EVO 2.0 installation. This is a one-stop effort, and looks pretty fabulous to say the least!  Ask him for a screen shot series around Europe and coasts of the North America to get a visual 'feel' for what one can expect. This might be a painless upgrade, if the ground graphics stay in sharp focus 3,500 feet or higher. This might just be the ticket. My way is rather hit-and-miss, but Sascha having a whole world product for you...might be something to consider. Actually, a great A/B comparison, would be for Jon to shoot a series similar to mine, for Cranbrook, B.C. from the airport...taxi...to flying over the area, and you could decide with the same area shown by both my solution, and EVO 2.0, what you might wish to delve into.  I would be most interested in this A/B direct comparrison as well. I also have eyed EVO with curiosity. I am always most open to anything, and everything. So...how 'bout it Jon...a series posted onto this thread for Cranbrook and area with EVO installed would be a great idea!

Ses

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the advice - I have tried Evo. It's a masterpiece (thanks to Sascha for his enormous effort) and the textures are clear and sharper than UT ( in my system), but too green for me (just my personal opinion.

Regards

Timo

Hi Mitch,

Thanks for the advice - I have tried Evo. It's a masterpiece (thanks to Sascha for his enormous effort) and the textures are clear and sharper than UT ( in my system), but too green for me (just my personal opinion.

Regards

Timo

Timo, you can tone the green down by using Sweet FX's 'sepia' setting.  BTW, my screens in this thread have not been using Sweet FX engaged. All the snaps that you see are au' natural...:)

Timo, I am most curious about EVO.  Could you perhaps reload it in...and start from Cranbrook...and mimic my series of snaps as best you can. I would love to see an A/B comparison as regards my effort(s), for sure, but with EVO supplying the ground textures!  No Sweet FX involved, just FS9 playing it out. That would be very much appreciated!!!

"All Natural" - I am getting more and more envious Maybe my system is too weak Even for Fs9 - using a (Gaming) Notebook with i7 and GeForce GTX660...

"Yeppers...nothing you see here on this thread, has been modified at all.  Just hitting the Print Screen Key, and saving to a folder. The only two that had to be modified (only for the file size), were the two Templehof shots, that apparently had too many elements (size) for to be accepted at my upload site.  I had to compress them, and in so doing, there was quality degradation.  Trust me, that the city landscape was just as clean and clear, as everything else viewed here.  I like the fact that rural Germany looks totally different to rural France, and so on.  Very happy with the output at my end, Timo.  If you can though...a Cranbrook EVO comparison is what I would love to see here. Personal interest and rabid curiosity  :excl: seriously in play...lol."

Mitch

Maybe I'll try EVO again this weekend... Cranbrook? You mean the Canadian City?

No..actually CYXC, near the city of Cranbrook, in British Columbia, Canada....the international airport...I did ( in this thread series) a taxi from parking, to the active...and then flew up and down...and around the Valley taking those shots.  If you could do the same with EVO, that would be great. I'm curious how EVO will turn it out...

I had Flight Ontario's CYXC installed, but you can shoot EVO even with the FS9 default for this location. That would do just as well.

CYXC:

http://www.flycanadianrockies.com/about-yxc/area-information

http://www.hellobc.com/

Nice idea - will see, if I find the time this weekend. Wish You all the best for Your next flight with Your great setup.

Regards

Timo

Nice idea - will see, if I find the time this weekend. Wish You all the best for Your next flight with Your great setup.

Regards

Timo

If you can...and thanks Timo!  Greatly appreciated!

Mitch'er

Ha ha ha, Mitch!  You are soooooo hooked on FS9.  Great shots.

"All Natural" - I am getting more and more envious Maybe my system is too weak Even for Fs9 - using a (Gaming) Notebook with i7 and GeForce GTX660...

That's crazy talk.  I have a Phenom 2 / GTX560 and the old girl can still run fine with heavy add ons.

Ha ha ha, Mitch!  You are soooooo hooked on FS9.  Great shots.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Maurice,

"Yeah...I've become FS9's 'B'.........it's the performance. Especially for commercial flight ops...."

"Yeah...I've become FS9's 'B'.........

Aha ..... I thought there was something funny going on!

LOL.  I noticed something funny going on about 3 weeks ago or so.  I believe it all started in the screenshots forum.

Boy...all I can say...is that if anybody totally blew FS9 right off their hard drive...

...oh well....tsk, tsk.....for you can really achieve some 'FSX'ish things with it...but with a guaranteed smoothness of performance no matter what you require it to do...

"Did you press the DELETE Key?   "Hmmm.......".

"Sorry to read about that....."  :excl: