Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Hawker - how to scroll thru waypoints in fms

Cant figure out how to fly this aircraft - no idea if its me or issues with product - nothing on youtube yet and I think I know why but anyway how does one rifle thru the waypoints to check the flightplan - right now you can only see your beginning portion - in airbus and boeing no problem with this have no clue - thanks Guys

Rich Sennett

It is very much possible to scroll through waypoints on the MFD. I can't remember exactly how to do it right now, but you must be in the correct MFD display mode first....which I believe is correct for the ProLine 21.

DB

It is very much possible to scroll through waypoints on the MFD. I can't remember exactly how to do it right now, but you must be in the correct MFD display mode first....which I believe is correct for the ProLine 21.

DB

DB thanks but I cant find that mode as stated on big birds I know how but not this one

Rich Sennett

I think it's one of the softkeys on the right side of the MFD. Top right maybe? It let's you pick from Arc, Rose, Map and one or two other modes.

DB

I think it's one of the softkeys on the right side of the MFD. Top right maybe? It let's you pick from Arc, Rose, Map and one or two other modes.

DB

"let's you pick from Arc, Rose, Map "

Funny you mention that as I couldnt figure out how to scroll those probably why i can go thru waypoints :)

Rich Sennett

Scroll them using the upper rotary section (green arrows) middle knob up on your glareshield, above your PFD.

Cant figure out how to fly this aircraft - no idea if its me or issues with product - nothing on youtube yet and I think I know why but anyway how does one rifle thru the waypoints to check the flightplan - right now you can only see your beginning portion - in airbus and boeing no problem with this have no clue - thanks Guys

Not sure I get you right. Do you mean

1) how you can you check your flight plan in the FMS

or

2) how you can check your flight plan on the MFD?

If 1), you can scroll both your flight plan and your legs by clicking respectively FPLN or LEGS and then PREV/NEXT to step forward/back to the next page. Exactly the same as in your 737NGX or in the MCDU of your Airbus.

If 2), you have to select FORMAT on the right of your MFD, then select the last option PLAN with the select knob MENU ADV on the DCP. Note that the options are different based on the selection you make on the PRESET on the left of your PFD.

Finally, you can use MFD ADV on your FMS to choose whether you want your next/previous or "To" waypoint to be shown.

Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Scroll them using the upper rotary section (green arrows) middle knob up on your glareshield, above your PFD.

Not sure I get you right. Do you mean

or

2) how you can check your flight plan on the MFD?

If 1), you can scroll both your flight plan and your legs by clicking respectively FPLN or LEGS and then PREV/NEXT to step forward/back to the next page. Exactly the same as in your 737NGX or in the MCDU of your Airbus.

If 2), you have to select FORMAT on the right of your MFD, then select the last option PLAN with the select knob MENU ADV on the DCP. Note that the options are different based on the selection you make on the PRESET on the left of your PFD.

Hi Guys #2 I know how to use it in fms - I want to see the end of the flight plan on MFD to see if its what I wanted - give it a quick try - thanks

Still doesnt work at least not like boeing - try to figure it out tomorrow night - thank you

Rich Sennett

Ok... the lower MFD format should be PLAN.  To select PLAN, you push the softkey #1 on the right to bring up the list.  Now at this point, if it were done correctly, I'd tell you to repeatedly push said softkey until you get the PLAN mode selected.  However, it's not... so you must use the DATA knob above the PFD to scroll the selection down to the PLAN line... then click the center of the DATA knob to select it.

When it's in PLAN mode, you can then use the FMS to scroll through the waypoints by pressing the MFD ADV softkey.  This will provide you with prompts on the screen to move through the flight plan visually.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

... sounds like a little bit of code in the XML could make it scroll using the soft key...

would be a lot easier especially with TrackIR, Dynamic Head Movement and some weather throwing the panel about

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Yeah it is possible to code that.

In fact pretty much most things can be revised, just a matter of time and effort.

In fact pretty much most things can be revised, just a matter of time and effort.

I say lets do it... I have a long list of rather small but important things that need to be fixed.....

Ok... the lower MFD format should be PLAN

I say lets do it... I have a long list of rather small but important things that need to be fixed.....

Hi Ed tried your process and does not work see notes on shot the mfd adv buttons do nothing any ideas why - also P3D is not saving any fms flight plans - if I save it then reload it plane loads factory without any saved fms plans I had saved - thank you much

fwpxs8.jpg

Rich Sennett

Hi Ed tried your process and does not work see notes on shot the mfd adv buttons do nothing any ideas why - also P3D is not saving any fms flight plans - if I save it then reload it plane loads factory without any saved fms plans I had saved - thank you much

fwpxs8.jpg

You have to select PLAN mode on the MFD (which is the screen on the right), not the PFD.

DB

You have to select PLAN mode on the MFD (which is the screen on the right), not the PFD.

DB

DB thanks give that a go

Rich Sennett