Sign in to follow this  
autogyro

XML coding for the Carenado Hawker 850XP

Bert,

too bad you're not in the sim business. I am pretty sure you would release amazing models.

But I think I know why: you would not charge for them, you would end up giving them for free, wouldn't you? :-)

Just in case someone wants to try the quoted code above, make a simple change, or it will not work:

<!-- Toggle AUX Transfer lever off when under 2% of fuel --!>

should be

<!-- Toggle AUX Transfer lever off when under 2% of fuel -->

:mellow:

Good pick up, thanks Bert. I didn't get a chance to change it before the post editing is locked unfortunately.

<!-- Toggle AUX Transfer lever off when under 2% of fuel -->

That's a sharp eye, Bert. I've edited the OP to fix the error.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Being a bit of a beginner/learner in the dark arts of computational endeavours, I thought that there may be others who find themselves at my level of knowledge who may appreciate the following:

The spb2xml utility comes with some instructions requiring some command line syntax via the START menu cmd.exe which opens the DOS command prompt.

I tried copying the spb2xml.exe into the folder where the .spb files are located, and simply dragging an spb onto the spb2xml.exe icon in Windows Explorer works. You may have to hit F5 to refresh the view if the xml files don't show up straight away.

Christopher Allan

The SAT, TAT and ISA displays on the PFD & MFD do not display correctly. The TAT should show the temperature due to ram rise, the SAT should show the ambient air temperature, and the ISA field should show the deviation from ISA, not the ISA temperature itself.

Here are some proposed fixes:

To display TAT correctly on the PFD:

in HS25B_pfd.XML do a search for "tat value label" which should take you to line 7992.

Change the variable

A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE    to       A:TOTAL AIR TEMPERATURE

To display SAT and ISA correctly on the MFD:

In HS25B_mfd_pilot.XML do a search for "SAT value label" which should take you to about line 7240.

Change the variable A:STANDARD ATM TEMPERATURE    to     A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE

I also edited the ISA section as follows just to tidy it up. Do a search for "ISA value label" which should be on about line 5828.

In the section at line 5850, remove the first, second and 4th lines

%((A:AMBIENT...
%{if}
%{end}

leaving just line 3, and towards the end of that string, change  %!+02d!  to  %!+d!

so it should now look like this:

<GaugeString>%((A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE, Celsius) 15 (A:INDICATED ALTITUDE, feet) 1000 / 2 * - - near)%!+d! oC</GaugeString>

All the fields should now display the correct values.

Christopher Allan

Not sure what that complex code is for ISA deviation;

<GaugeString>%((A:AMBIENT TEMPERATURE, Celsius) (A:STANDARD ATM TEMPERATURE, Celsius)-)%!+2d! oC</GaugeString>

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I thought I'd tried using STANDARD ATM TEMPERATURE and when it didn't work, I thought the text must have been wrong. Looking at your version, I think it would have been a missing minus sign...

Thanks for that.

The next thing is to make the UTC readout on the bottom of the PFD actually read out zulu time instead of jumping an hour each time it hits a new time zone!

In the HS25B_pfd.xml look for utc_value_label and change the <GaugeString> value that starts on line 7956 to read:

<GaugeString>%((P:Zulu time,hours) flr 24 %)%!02d!:%((P:Zulu time,minutes) flr 60 %)%!02d!</GaugeString>

The original text is spread over about 9 lines and gets replaced by this one line.

Christopher Allan

That is a nice improvement...  Bit by bit we'll get this plane fixed.. B)

BTW, no underscores in "utc value label" in my copy..

Bert

Huh! Neither has mine. Thanks for noticing Bert.

Christopher Allan