Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07MAY15] Updates released for all 777 packages FSX/FSX-SE/P3D

Captains-

A few moments ago I updated the distribution system with the latest updates to the PMDG 777-200LR/F and PMDG 777-300ER for the FSX, FSX-SE and P3D platforms. 

These updates fall under the guise of our Continuing Development Program (CDP) for the 777 product line, and bring you a few dozen mostly minor changes and fixes.  (The change log is listed below.)  Also- I want to address some items related to a memory leak we killed in the 777- but I am going to do that under a different header since it is a very detailed topic...

Updating to the latest version is simple and relatively painless:

PMDG eCommerce Customers:

1. If you purchased from PMDG, log-in to your PMDG eCommerce account and access your account history.
  2. Download from the account history.
  3. While you are waiting for the download, run the PMDG Operations Center, then close it.  (This causes it to take a most-current snapshot of your installed liveries!)
  4. Run the installers, (base package first, then the 300ER expansion!) and follow their instructions.  In some cases, depending upon your specific installation options, the installer may tell you it cannot "update/repair" your setup- in which case you simply need to uninstall the 777, then run the new installer.
  5. Run the PMDG Operations Center and go to the settings wheel at the top right.  Instruct the OC to update your liveries and reinstall them all, etc.
  6. Go Fly.  Have fun!

NOTE:  If you ever forget how to update, simply go into the OC, click on the "Install Update" for your product and it will show you the instructions...  We tried to make it as easy as possible.  B)

Aerosoft eCommerce and DVD Customers:

• Give Aerosoft a day to get caught up with us.  We just sent them the 777 updates a few minutes before posting this announcement, so they still have to come into work on Friday morning and get things set up to allow you to update.  I don't know if they can accomplish everything during the workday on Friday- so if not- it might be Monday before they are ready to update you- but they WILL... 
  • If you updated your NGX via Aerosoft, the process will be the same...

The list of changes we have made for this version are as follows:

BUILD 1.10.6492 (Released 2015-05-04)
=====================================================
- 0003567: [AFDS - General] LNAV/VNAV disengage after second TO/GA press (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003458: [AFDS - Roll Modes] LNAV should still arm when not on intercept heading (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003507: [AFDS - General] LOC/GS should arm even without a valid ILS signal (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003513: [FMS - Route/Legs Pages] PROG page Progression (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003521: [AFDS - Thrust Modes] Autothrust Mode annunciator incorrect on Go Around 2nd push (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003522: [systems - Pressurization] Unable to opereate doors at low outside pressures (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0003529: [AFDS - Thrust Modes] Flap dependent Thrust Reduction follows lever not flap postion (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003530: [FMS - Route/Legs Pages] Double FMC failure (alternate nav mode) CTD when going direct (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003563: [FMS - Functionality Problems (General)] Dual FMC failure followed by route MOD = crash (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003604: [FMS/AFDS - VNAV] ALT INTV from MCP should not delete the destination "restricted" altitude (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003610: [FMS/AFDS - VNAV] Step climb point stabilisation after sequencing last waypoint before issue (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003462: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Panel Flood light effect when clock is removed (vscimone) - resolved.
- 0003625: [systems - Flight Controls] ailerons and spoilers 5 and 10 not locked out with flaps up (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003573: [Main Panel - MCP] Errors in MCP V/S and Altitude display format (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0003578: [FMS - Functionality Problems (General)] Significant growing memory/VAS increase during long flights due to missed approach being loaded prior to departure (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003618: [FMS - Performance Pages] Automatic climb transition altitude reset to descend value at halfway point or within destination range (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003515: [Main Panel - PFD] Altitude dependent VMO for the 300ER (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003617: [FMS - Performance Pages] In SPD INTV the CLB page title should always be ACT MCP SPD regardless of automatic target speed limiting (emvaos) - resolved.
- 0003620: [systems - Air Conditioning/Heating] 777F FWD cargo temparature knob behavior (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0003598: [FMS - Simulator Controls/Commands] wx.pln export going to the FSX retail folder in the FSX:SE and P3D versions (mfrantzeskakis) - resolved.
- 0003608: [External Model - Geometry] 1R door on Freighter corrupts when open (jbrown) - resolved.
- 0003549: [systems - Lighting - Exterior] Wing and Camera Lights fail to illuminate 777-300ER P3D (jbrown) - resolved.
[22 issues]

As you can see, development and update work continues on the 777 series of products even though we are officially focused on the 747 product lines as our primary development agenda.  There are some areas that overlap between the 747-400, the 747-8 and the 777- so you can expect to see continued updates as we move forward.  I anticipate our next 777 update will take place after release of the 747- but you never know- there might be one prior....

For those interested, we are preparing to move the X-Plane DC-6B into Beta- which is very exciting news for all of us. 

Yes- I will have some updates on the 747s, but at the moment I am "keeping my powder dry." 

Okay- that is all for this update- have a very nice weekend!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Thanks very much for all your hard work, looking forward to the "queen!"

Thanks Rob. Just wondering when can we expect the Taxi Cam for the 300ER and Dome light issues fixed for P3D

Blessings

Duncan Odgers

0003578: [FMS - Functionality Problems (General)] Significant growing memory/VAS increase during long flights due to missed approach being loaded prior to departure (emvaos) - resolved.

This gives me a very big smile and should be in nice big, bold letters. :-D

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Duncan-

Thanks Rob. Just wondering when can we expect the Taxi Cam for the 300ER and Dome light issues fixed for P3D

Blessings

Duncan Odgers

The dome light requires a change at the sim level from LM.  We don't know when that will happen.

The taxi-cam requires a completely different methodology be designed for it, as LM removed some functionality that was a leftover from some pre-ESP legacy code.  We have a rough idea how we want to approach it, that we *think* will allow us to do away with the popup and put the camera inside the display properly, but we haven't even begun to map the work out yet. 

It is in the workflow for future updates, but I would be guessing if I offered any ETA on it, as our primary focus is on getting the 747 into beta testing.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi

That's good news :smile:

Regards

Carlos Durán

Hello Rob,

First, thanks for the update, and great to hear development continue on the 777 product line.

There is just something that isn't clear to me. As written in the changelog, VMO is now dependent on altitude in the 77W( I think it also holds true for the 77L/F), does it mean that it should increase from roughly 330 knots up until it intersects with MMO at around 27000 feet in ISA conditions ?

I am asking, as I've made a quick test after installing the update, and VMO remained stuck at 330 knots until reaching the MMO limit.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Awesome Robert! Thank you so much.... do we get the SATCOM Antenna option for the Boeing 777-200LR with this update? There are some 777-200ER and -200LR in the real world with these SATCOM / WIFI Antennas, now. 

Nice one.. so many faults in such a perfect product..

:ph34r:

0003462: [Virtual Cockpit - Geometry/Textures] Panel Flood light effect when clock is removed (vscimone) - resolved.

Any details on this? - I have an issue, but I use DX10 and have some issues here, which is still in effect..

And.. I do know that DX10 isn't officially supported, so im just asking out of curiosity: What was the issue? :)