Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[07MAY15] Updates released for all 777 packages FSX/FSX-SE/P3D

(...)  Or did you need me to draw further conclusion for you that Mathijs is misinformed or simply quelling the entitlement that some folks throw at him with an easy answer?

(...)

Thank you, Robert, for your confirmation and your reassurance. Let's wait and see what Mathijs' reaction will be:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95092-pmdg-777-update/?p=677934

and service packs are needless. correct?

and service packs are needless. correct?

At PMDG, when you download content it is always the latest.  In fact, if any service pack links still show up on the web site they are probably not working.

Yes, service packs are needless (in this context).

Dan Downs KCRP

Aerosoft eCommerce and DVD Customers:

Give Aerosoft a day to get caught up with us. We just sent them the 777 updates a few minutes before posting this announcement, so they still have to come into work on Friday morning and get things set up to allow you to update. I don't know if they can accomplish everything during the workday on Friday- so if not- it might be Monday before they are ready to update you- but they WILL...
If you updated your NGX via Aerosoft, the process will be the same...

The list of changes we have made for this version are as follows:

What about DVD Customers for 777 updates?
You're talking about Aerosoft but not about DVD Customers

Thanks

What about DVD Customers for 777 updates?

You're talking about Aerosoft but not about DVD Customers

Thanks

Robert was referring to Aerosoft ecommerce customers as well as to Aerosoft DVD customers.

The update will be available here:

http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php

But it isn't yet for reasons mentioned immediately above.

Ok thanks for you answer!

Do you know the process to update for non-Aersoft DVD customers?

The DVD is always an Aerosoft DVD.   ;-)

You can buy the DVD from different stores all over the world, but it's still a box published by AS.

The link above will be yours, once the update is available from the AS site.

Update is available now according to:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/93695-t772-box-update/?p=678415

Download link again (have your box serial key ready):

http://support.aerosoft.com/index.php?action=show

No further comment by Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok on this:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95092-pmdg-777-update/

Now a reply has been submitted (accentuation is mine):   :blink:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/95092-pmdg-777-update/?p=678507

Good news, the files arrived this morning in our offices and the update is now available!

Is there a difference between "arrived at Aerosoft" and "arrived in (certain) offices"?   :rolleyes:

Just wondering - why another complete download of the product? Why can't we have updates as smaller files instead of re-downloading the entire thing?

Rob, do you plan on another update once the DC-6 is in beta or can we safely assume it will be in beta within a week or two?

That is what I'd like to have answered. Why you feel the need reply in such a manner, well, that I must admit is beyond me.

EDIT:

Just re-read this. Excuse me if I'm wrong here, but are you telling me, that Mathijs, an administrator at Aerosoft, is either misinformed or lying/not telling the truth/giving an easy answer with regards to the update?

If the answer to that question is yes (which I in all honesty do not believe), then no, I did not stop to think that one of the two most well known brands within this hobby would turn around and lie/not tell the truth/give an easy answer to their customers.

That is not a conclusion anyone should have to draw.

Jakob-

Excellent- you do a great job of setting up the easy pitch.  B) (baseball reference- sorry...)

"Why I answered you the way I did?"  Because, while, as you state in your reply above, Mathijs and Aerosoft are well recognized in the community and would have no reason to deceive you, you imply in your original post and then again in your followup post- that this must mean I am lying to you.

Had you spent a few moments considering the facts, you might have reached the conclusion that my warning to be prepared for a monday distribution probably came from an informed point of view...  On Thursday afternoon, when I informed you via this announcement that we had sent the files to Aerosoft- I obviously had reason to be concerned that we had not given them enough time to get their process set up and running before the weekend.  I stated that quite clearly because I am well informed on the topic.

After all, Aerosoft and PMDG are in nearly constant communication on many, many topics- we have been close partners for 15 years.

I thought my reply to you was pretty benign, given the circumstances- after all, I have taken some legendary abuse here in this forum for telling the truth when some folks really didn't want to hear it.  PMDG has a strong reputation for telling you the truth, and if you spend any time here you will see that I am unafraid of taking ownership of mistakes- especially if I am the one making them.  That is the only way to run business, in my opinion.

So- yes- I gave you some push-back.  I'm sorry if seemed I was picking on you- but you questioned my character in circumstances where you already had all of the available information.  I'm sorry if the tone of my reply wasn't friendly and chipper- but I'd bet the house that if you walked into our office and met me in the lobby, you would have asked politely for clarification- without the thinly veiled antagonism- and you would have gotten a nice polite answer and some pleasant conversation in reply. 

(Unless I was on my way to a meeting...  I hate meetings...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

(...) On Thursday afternoon, when I informed you via this announcement that we had sent the files to Aerosoft- (...)

Looks like Mathijs Kok's "office" had not been informed by "other Aerosoft offices" which had received the files already. Mathijs simply should have advised of that lapse in his own forum, after spreading incorrect information there, IMHO.

And just for the record, I got my T7 from the PMDG store!   :lol:

Who is this 'emvaos' character? Looks like he needs a pay raise :)