Sign in to follow this  
Longhaul444

Update notification from OPS

Hey guys. I am having a little issue here. I have the downloaded version of the 777 with the expansion pack. I was notified in the OPS center that there were updates. So I went to PMDG and redownloaded the files again. Well this time I got the DVD version of the 777 base package. I have never gotten a DVD installer package from PMDG before. Will this mess up my 777 as it was a downloaded version?

Well this time I got the DVD version of the 777 base package.

Odd.  I just checked the download filename for the B77LR base pack in the web site using my account and it is PMDG_777_200LR_FSX.zip so I don't understand how you have a link to a CD image file.  What is the name of the file you downloaded from PMDG?

Dan Downs KCRP

"PMDG_777_200LRF_FSX.zip" but when I extracted it this file shows up "PMDG 777-200LRF Base Package DVD.exe" could this be a mistaken link in my PMDG account? This has never happened before, so I dunno what to do with the file. I'll try and redownload the file again and see if I still get the dvd version. Here is what I got (see pic):

OPS_CNTR_777b_zpsa4ibeioj.jpg

You can see the file highlighted behind the winrar popup, and when opened it shows the dvd version.

**UPDATE**

After redownloading the file again from PMDG, I still get the DVD version. Can someone from PMDG please look into this? if you need my order number or any account info to verify please let me know.

OPS_CNTR_777c_zpsvtuh4imy.jpg

Edited by Longhaul444

Same problem here, purchase via PDMG but the download file contains a file called PDMG 777LRF Base Package DVD.exe

Rob

Same problem here, purchase via PDMG but the download file contains a file called PDMG 777LRF Base Package DVD.exe

Rob

Same here!

Ok whew!! So it's not just me then. I am wondering if PMDG combined the d/l and dvd versions? This would explain the dvd version we all got. But I'm going to wait until someone can clarify this, as last time I did something like this I messed up my MD-11 and FSX. Not going thru that again.

Interesting.  This is worthy of a head-slap.... maybe the boss needs to fire a programmer.

The only information I can provide until official word from PMDG (which I am not) is that the installer works the same.  In fact, it got beta tested and I didn't notice the DVD in the filename because my explorer window truncated the long filename.  Go forth and prosper.

This gave me a real chuckle, the boss says that it's always been named like that (DVD). Learn something everyday.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey guys. I am having a little issue here. I have the downloaded version of the 777 with the expansion pack. I was notified in the OPS center that there were updates. So I went to PMDG and redownloaded the files again. Well this time I got the DVD version of the 777 base package. I have never gotten a DVD installer package from PMDG before. Will this mess up my 777 as it was a downloaded version?

+1

I was surprised to see "DVD" in my download file name.

Emil Irapetov

Guys,

All of our versions are the same. If one were to take the download version, put it on a DVD and slap a pretty picture on it, it would be a DVD version. I'm guessing someone threw "DVD" in there as a reminder that it was an update to bring it up to the level of a DVD-version-update release candidate (like we did with the NGX recently).

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for that clarification Kyle. I was leaning towards that assumption myself, but wanted someone from PMDG to give concrete info. Like I said earlier, last time I did something like this I royally screwed up my MD-11 and FSX. Which was all my fault for not looking at the version number I was installing. I'll update when I land at DGAA in roughly 14 hrs. Thanks again for the clarification.

Thanks for that clarification Kyle. I was leaning towards that assumption myself, but wanted someone from PMDG to give concrete info. Like I said earlier, last time I did something like this I royally screwed up my MD-11 and FSX. Which was all my fault for not looking at the version number I was installing. I'll update when I land at DGAA in roughly 14 hrs. Thanks again for the clarification.

Welcome. Better safe than sorry.

Kyle Rodgers