Sign in to follow this  
utd4life

Earth Simulations scenery in P3D 2.5

Hey guys,

I know EarthSimulations scenery no longer exists, but I found a boxed version so ordered it and it arrived today, it's the IOM scenery and Guernsey. I was hoping to install them into P3D 2.5, but Earth Simulations installer only offers FSX or P3D 2.4. I've tried using the Migration tool but this couldn't find the Scenery.CFG so couldn't install properly, same with the P3D 2.4 installer.

I really would like to use these sceneries in the P3D 2.5, so if anyone has succesfully install them, I'd be grateful if you could let me know how you did so :-)

Kind Regards,

Daniel

I installed guernsey and alderney quite happily into P3D2.5...was expecting problems but it worked flawlessly apparently! :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I installed guernsey and alderney quite happily into P3D2.5...was expecting problems but it worked flawlessly apparently! :)

Hi, if you could can you tell me the method you used to install them please? :-)

Id downloaded the scenery to a local ESI pack then used the last version of ESI installer (2.5) to install into P3D... I dont recall whether I did anything special (dont think so) just a pleasant surprise that it seemed to install w/o any problems...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

That is very strange as I have just downloaded and installed Guernsey using the ESI installer version 2.5 into P3DV2.5 and confirm that I received the error message 2 or 3 times saying that the installer couldn't find the Scenery.cfg file. The ESI installer clearly says that it is for P3DV2.4!

That is very strange as I have just downloaded and installed Guernsey using the ESI installer version 2.5 into P3DV2.5 and confirm that I received the error message 2 or 3 times saying that the installer couldn't find the Scenery.cfg file. The ESI installer clearly says that it is for P3DV2.4!

Yes I am getting the same error, so I don't know how Kevin installed into P3D 2.5 with no problems?

The problem is that the change from P3D 2.4 to P3D 2.5 changed the scenery.cfg location, which is why I am guessing the installer can't find it. There must be some way around this, really want to install this beautiful scenery!

Copy the scenery.cfg to the old location, run the install, then copy the cfg file back again?

Cheers

Keith

Copy the scenery.cfg to the old location, run the install, then copy the cfg file back again?

Cheers

Keith

This could work, can you remember the location of the scenery.cfg in P3D 2.4?

Apologies, it hasn't moved - still in c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

I was thinking of something else :-(

So the ESI install should work unchanged.

I have all my ESI scenery in FSX_SE to avoid conflicts with the ORBX scenery in Prepar3D.

Cheers

Keith

Thanks but unfortunately it it does not solve the problem, really frustrating not being able to install Guernsey into P3DV2.5

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "P3D Scenery - Native and Add-Ons". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi,

Why don't you Try adding those entrys manually to you scenery.cfg?

regards

What precisely isnt working for you?

xaP1VAU.png

I had created  Guernsey as an ESI pack using P3dV2.4 as Guernsey had worked well.

Now I have updated to P3DV2.5 and when I install Guernsey using the ESI pack I receive the message Cannot find the 'D:\Prepar3D v2\scenery.cfg'.

If I click ok the installation continues and this messages appears twice more.

Guernsey is showing in my ESI Library but when I run P3D i can only see the default airport and the ES Guernsey is not showing in the P3D Library.

I am also using FTX Global and Vector 

Hi,

Why don't you Try adding those entrys manually to you scenery.cfg?

regards

Hi Richard, not sure what entries to enter?