Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

FMC may be missing an active runway in the database at KORD

HI Folks;

I was doing a flight from KORD (Chicago) to JFK and was cleared by ATC for takeoff at runway 09L, but when I brought up the DEP screen that runway was not listed in the FMC. It had 09R listed. When I entered the runway manually I got an invalid entry. I took off on 09L as cleared but has the FMC use 09R, not ideal but it's a work around.

This is the default FSX airport which was never modified and or changed in any way.The last I checked it was still an active runway.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.

Thanks very much.

Anthony Forshaw.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I was doing a flight from KORD (Chicago) to JFK and was cleared by ATC for takeoff at runway 09L, but when I brought up the DEP screen that runway was not listed in the FMC. It had 09R listed. When I entered the runway manually I got an invalid entry. I took off on 09L as cleared but has the FMC use 09R, not ideal but it's a work around.

Had you already selected a SID? If so, the SID choice may filter the available runways.

Had you already selected a SID? If so, the SID choice may filter the available runways.

Hi Kyle;

Thanks for your response. I am not using any SID per say. I am using a pre-generated flight plan (Co Route) generated by FSX via a converter. I load the flight plan, then i go to DEP/ARR page to enter my DEP runway. Could a WAY Point be the culprit?

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

Anthony Forshaw.

Could a WAY Point be the culprit?

If you're not using a SID, I doubt it.

Are you using the latest nav data?

If you're not using a SID, I doubt it.

Are you using the latest nav data?

Good question, I don't know. How do I know if I have the latest version and how do I get the latest version? 

Thanks.

Anthony Forshaw.

How do I know if I have the latest version and how do I get the latest version? 

Keeping up with nav data is enough of a chore that you'd know if you were keeping it up to date (13 times a year).

The first time you use the FMC when in the sim, it will also give you a message about the nav data being out of date if it is.

I never got a message stating that the nav data is out of date when I used the FMC for the first time or anytime after.

Is there a site when I can download the latest?

Thanks.

Anthony Forshaw.