Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

A2A Simulations - VE-Day sale. 25% off

But is it the one with Accu-sim included?

I don't think you can buy any of the older planes with accusim already included.  You have to buy the base B-17 and also buy the accusim module for it.  They're both on sale.

Scott

Does anyone know if the accusim package, when bought, can be used for all aircraft that are made for accusim?

I am under the impression that each aircraft, or at least each category of aircraft, needs a separate accusim download if you want to use accusim?!

Or in other words, if I get the mustang and the Piper, and if I want accusim......how many times do I need to pay for accusim then?

Rob Robson

if I want accusim......how many times do I need to pay for accusim then?

Accu-Sim isn't a single program.  Each aircraft has its own Accu-sim, with features (not only systems-related but also flight dynamics) that are specific to that aircraft.  So yes, you do need to buy it each time (well, almost - more on this below) but each time you're getting a different one - Accu-Sim for the P-51 and Accu-Sim for the B-17 aren't the same.

The exception: the most recent GA aircraft (Cessna 172, Piper Cherokee 180 and Cessna 182) have Accu-sim included.  So for those there's just a single purchase.  But for all the others, Accu-Sim is a separate package.  There's usually a small discount if you buy the aircraft plus its Accu-Sim module at the same time.

For the Boeing 377, you get the Accu-Sim features by adding the "Captain of the Ship" package.

What may cause some confusion is that for the most recent Accu-Sim aircraft (the P-40, the Spitfire, the P-51s and the GA line), there's a common Accu-Sim core that handles things like propeller physics.  But the purchases are still separate, except for the GA line as noted.

There's also an Accu-Sim updater package that updates all your Accu-Sim aircraft - those named above and the older ones as well.  But again, those updates are being made to the aircraft-specific Accu-Sim installs.

Hope that makes sense, at least overall...  B)

Yes, perfect Alan, thx a lot :-)

Appreciate it!

By the way, does anybody have an email addres for A2A support?
I could not find it on the home page.

Rob Robson

By the way, does anybody have an email addres for A2A support?
I could not find it on the home page.

On their contact page it says they're no longer doing support via e-mail.  Best move is probably to post in their support forums.  They're good about picking up support questions and the discussions sometimes move over in to e-mail but the forum seems to be their preferred first step.

On their contact page it says they're no longer doing support via e-mail.  Best move is probably to post in their support forums.  They're good about picking up support questions and the discussions sometimes move over in to e-mail but the forum seems to be their preferred first step.

Thx, I got an email after I ordered that held their support address :-)

Rob Robson

Thx, I got an email after I ordered that held their support address :-)

Well, that's bound to be more current than the website, then.  TBH there's some stuff on the website that needs updating.  Glad you've got somewhere to take your question.  

Hello,

as noted on the website ALL support is via our support and community forums.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Does anyone know if the accusim package, when bought, can be used for all aircraft that are made for accusim?

I am under the impression that each aircraft, or at least each category of aircraft, needs a separate accusim download if you want to use accusim?!

Or in other words, if I get the mustang and the Piper, and if I want accusim......how many times do I need to pay for accusim then?

I think you're a bit confused with the accu-sim addons for specific plane, and the accu-FEEL product, which are two separate and very different things.

No tax outside of Europe. Im in Australia and the C182 I think is an error because the others are the same as A2A. I gobbled it up :-)

No tax for me either, but what you say about "the others are the same as A2A" might be specific to your location...

Even without discount for me A2A direct shows 70 dollars while simmarket converted to dollars is about 55 for the fsx/p3d bundles...

Can the A2A wizards here please shed some light on this issue? 2 days I purchased just the Wings of Power Flying Fortress B-17. Then I was 'persuaded' to purchase the Accu-sim, so I did so.

Just run the Updater. It finds the Accu-sim for the C180 Cherokee, the C172 Trainer, the C182 Skylane, and yet despite having the B-17 Accu-sim installed, it says 'Aircraft Not found'. Eh? I shelled out a pretty penny on this Accu-sim for the B-17 and yet it cannot find the aircraft. This is not what I expected to see after forking out the extra for the Accu-sim.

So, any ideas the A2A 'aces' here?B-17notfound.jpg

Then I was 'persuaded' to purchase the Accu-sim, so I did so.

Oops my ears are burning lol

I would first Run the installer for the B17 again then the B17 Acusim and last the Updater

Thanks for that, Elaine. My own fault. I was unzipping a download from simMarket where I purchased the B-17 from which I thought was the Accu-Sim.exe. I've just done come back-tracking on simMarket and where my download manager dumps such downloads----found it. Now to do your suggestion.

I think you're a bit confused with the accu-sim addons for specific plane, and the accu-FEEL product, which are two separate and very different things.

Nope.

Accu FEEL adds physics, like those used in A2A accusim aircraft, to FSX so that default FSX aircraft and other 3rd party addon aircraft also get somewhat of that A2A feel and sound.

I just was not sure Accusim was a single addon, bought once, for all A2A aircraft.....or that you have to buy accu sim time and time again for each A2A aircraft.

Too bad the latter is the truth.....it does get exspensive that way if you want accusim for all your A2A aircraft.

Seems to be worth it though!

Darn I missed it, wish they sent out e-mails!

I missed it too.

In the middle of my payment transaction the price changed back to 100%....:-(

(that is what I needed support for)

Rob Robson

or that you have to buy accu sim time and time again for each A2A aircraft.

Too bad the latter is the truth.....it does get exspensive that way if you want accusim for all your A2A aircraft.

As others have pointed out, it's really a bit of a mixed bag.  In the latest GA releases (172, 182 and Cherokee), accusim was bundled in as part of the airplane so you simply purchase the plane and you have the appropriate accusim features.  It's only the older releases where you'll need to buy separate accusim modules for each aircraft.  And, of course, there's the Mustang which is a case in between, as the Mustang accusim module covers both the civilian and military products.

Frankly, I'm glad they've simplified things for the customer with the new structure.

Scott