Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Favorite Learjet?

I am looking into a payware Learjet.  I have looked into the Lionheart Learjet.  It looks like a nice aircraft.  I don't really care for the end of the wings, but I could look past that if there is nothing better out there.  Any suggestions?

Josh Scholl

I just bought the Lionheart Lear. I really like it. The VC is much better graphically than Extreme Prototypes (which I don't own... just going by screenshots.) 

It is a semi-light plane. Pressurization is not simulated. Little things like Engine Sync are not modeled. But I don't like fussing with pressurization anyway so no loss. 

The autopilot is a bit sloppy. Quite possibly how an autopilot functioned in 1965. Very easy to overspeed and difficult to chance VS during autopilot climbs.

The default GPS has been added as an option. Since I fly it as a "period plane" I don't use it. I love tracking VORs and challenging approaches as they did in the 60s. 

One thing that is poorly modeled - stalls. I see online that the stall speed should be around 100 knots. I can slow it down below 70 knots with no issue. When it gets down into the 60s I'll get a wing drop. But from what I read a stall was likely a fatal mistake. This plane clearly doesn't model that properly. 

I have been flying this almost exclusively since I bought it last week. While it frustrates at times I really enjoy it! 

Eddie
KABQ