Sign in to follow this  
hornet65

Unhandled Error Message Trying to Re-Install PMDG 747-400

Hi All,

I've been trying to re-install my PMDG 747-400 but have been getting an Unhandled Error Message upon pressing the validate button. I have entered my user, order ID and password details correctly....but still no luck. The install aborts immediately

A little back information:  I recently un-install FSX and all related add-ons due to computer and/or program issues with FSX.  I have a utility that does a deep search for registry files left behind after uninstall (IOBOT Uninstaller). Then I defragged my hard drive, and finally ran the REGEDT32 file to see if all was clear. I searched for anything related to FSX and related add-ons and found nothing lurking behind.  All seemed completely clear before  Re-install.  Everything re-installed fine except for PMDG 747-400.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I did enter a ticket with PMDG support. Though they did respond, the only answer I got was to send a screen cap.  After emailing them that I got no further response.  Hopefully someone on this forum can shed some light.

PS...I've tried to attach the screen cap here...but to no avail. The image icon on the tool bar requires a url location. I can't just cut and paste here.  If I load the picture to my google drive and paste the url here; but  then I specifically need to invite individuals to see the pic.  Any suggestions here as well?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tom S.

After emailing them that I got no further response.

I cleared the queue last night and this morning, so you definitely should've gotten a response. Check to make sure it didn't go to spam or something.

Any suggestions here as well?

picasaweb.google.com

Kyle Rodgers

I cleared the queue last night and this morning, so you definitely should've gotten a response. Check to make sure it didn't go to spam or something.

Hi Kyle,  Thanks for your response!

I received emails from a Paul Gollnick and a Ryan Maziarz regarding this issue within 24 hours of submitting my ticket.  On April 26 I responded with a reply to Paul's Email and attached the screen cap. I have no receipt of a bounce back message.  Of course, I have know way of knowing if my message went into your spam folder.  

Thanks for the suggestion on a public domain (picsasaweb.goolge.com) for sharing my screen cap. See below.   I blanked out my email addy and order ID for privacy.  Suffice to say, I did enter my proper email addy, order  ID and  password. As soon as I clicked validate, the error message popped up and immediately after clearing the error message the install terminated. Again, any suggestions are appreciated. Right now I'm running a new and clean install if FSX and related add-ons (only aircraft, no scenery)....no issues to report...other than I can't load PMDG 747-400. 

Respectfully,

TomS.

Error%2BMessage%2BScreen%2BShot.jpg

Tom,

I replied to you on April 18th and never heard back from you.  Can you check your junk mail or log in to our support portal and look at the ticket there and reply?  

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi Paul,

I did get your email  from the 18 and I responded to you on the same day.  Below is the text to that email.  Not sure why you didn't get it.  Unless you responded back...and I didn't get your second response?  Either way  I checked my spam folder and it's clear.  At any rate read below. 

Tom S <tjs10365@gmail.com>
Apr 18
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to PMDG
cleardot.gif

Hi Paul,

The re-install attempt on April 3 was successful. I was having CTD issues with FSX. So a few weeks ago I uninstalled all my add-ons and re-installed.  This however, didn't work. Last weekend I did a complete uninstall of FSX, the two services packs and all add-ons.  My belief was that there were corrupt files within FSX...that perhaps was due to unisntalling accelerator and installing SP2.

At any rate April 3 was successful..... and uninstalled properly as well. I've been trying to re-install PMDG 747-400 since Thursday April 16.  I've tried dozens of times with the same error message popping up.  I did do a complete clean up of my system with a 3rd party utility; which in essance cleared out any hidden/left behind FSX files.  It also clean up the registry.  The reinstall of  FSX and the two service packs and all other add-ons have been successful without any issues.....only the PMDG 747-400.  I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.

At first I thought there was a limit to how many times I could re-install before you wouldn't allow any further (anti-piracy protection device of some sort.).  I want to ensure that I am only using the program for my  pleasure only....on the same computer.  That said....I am using my email on file with my PMDG account profile, along with the appropriate password, and order ID / Order number.  I am perplexed.  

Finally, I don't have any further security features added to my machine.  My security protocal has not changed....or I should say, I haven't made any changes deliberately or knowingly.  I thought maybe a the third party  utility I used to clean up my rig might have installed something.  Perhaps there's a communcation issue that isn't allowing my machine to connect with your website to validate my install?

Thanks for your follow up.  Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Tom S.

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 5:56 PM, PMDG Product Replacement <ReDownload@precisionmanuals.com> wrote:
Tom, 

OK,

I determined that the issues I was having pertained to the user account. Something is corruppted within that account the prevents PMDG products from working.  So, I created a new user account and installed PMDG 747-400 successfully.  When I went back to the other user account, the PMDG product would crash with a missing DLL issue then go into a fatal error. So, something's up with that account.

PMDG is working fine with the new account....and I'll continue to use FSX in this new user account.  I'll mark this as "solved".  Thanks for the input.

Tom S.