Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Windows 10 Will Be The LAST OS

How many people are using office 2003 and avoiding the heck out of the new subscription based model?

Office 2007, 2010, and 2013 are all one-time payments. Office 365 is an alternative way of paying for Office (a subscription service) that provides the same Office programs and I think some other stuff, but I've never really looked into it.

Brandon Filer

Office 2007, 2010, and 2013 are all one-time payments. Office 365 is an alternative way of paying for Office (a subscription service) that provides the same Office programs and I think some other stuff, but I've never really looked into it.

I'm willing to wait and see, but I feel like the cat eyeing the man with a tasty fish in one hand and a hammer in the other. Very cautious.

https://redmondmag.com/articles/2015/04/01/subscription-model.aspx

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And where is Laminar Research going now? To Android, that's where. XPlane is available on a wide variety of platforms and they are covering their empennage, so to speak. Windows 10 is just more empty promises from MS. But I bet that it will look pretty.

To get everyone, for free, to change to Windows 10 and then suddenly make it a subscription service at a later stage would be an unmitigated disaster.

For whom? The consumer, maybe. But, if Microsoft can get everyone to take advantage of a "free" upgrade, and then start hitting them up for a monthly subscription to be able to keep using their PCs, I don't see it as being a "disaster" for Redmond. Most likely, lots of people will complain, but the vast majority will bite the bullet and sign up with that credit card anyway. How many average users do you really think will move to Mac or Linux?

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

I am with gfd's comments. There seems to be a lot of speculation when what I, and I suspect lots of others, want is facts.

Is Win10 better than 8, or 8.1?

Does FSX, either DVD or Steam, function correctly, can I expect graphics issues similar to those I experienced going from 8 to 8.1.

Having seemed to have got FSX stable I am hesitant to change.

Regards

Alan

3miles west EGHH

W10 will never be subscription. Period.

MS may try to do this subscription garbage system with Office, but it won't catch on. I know I will hold on to Office 2007 as long as I can.

Now that Windows 10 advert makes a lot more sense. You know, the one that shows several toddlers, and the fact that they will be using Windows 10 for various tasks when they grow up.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Even when told not to, Windows 10 just can’t stop talking to Microsoft

link: 

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/

The product is us !!! the customer and our data ......

P.S. Microsoft is kind of turning into google model.

Simply don't use a "Microsoft Account" to log in to Windows.

If you don't use a Microsoft Account, and you turn off all the Privacy related telemetry settings, W10 doesn't spy on you.

MS only "spies" on you if you use their "apps", their "Windows Store", their "Microsoft Account" services, etc.

Disabling the privacy settings don't stop the OS from communicating with Microsoft, that is the problem.

In the Arstechnica article that is what they did, then they verify thru network traffic and as stated before the OS still talks with Microsoft servers.

P.S. Telemetry is hardwire to the OS...... The only Hope is if someone crack's this enigma........ Who knows !!!! 

Settings even in the local account, is nothing but a placebo effect.

Lets keep our finger cross to see if someone fix this.

Just stay in windos 7 or windows 8.1 and dual boot into linux for your personal stuff not related to simming.

Disabling the privacy settings don't stop the OS from communicating with Microsoft, that is the problem.

In the Arstechnica article that is what they did, then they verify thru network traffic and as stated before the OS still talks with Microsoft servers.

P.S. Telemetry is hardwire to the OS...... The only Hope is if someone crack's this enigma........ Who knows !!!! 

Settings even in the local account, is nothing but a placebo effect.

Lets keep our finger cross to see if someone fix this.

You better stay off the Internet then.

They started doing this to windows 7 and windows 8 since April of this year here are the links:

Links:

http://investmentwatchblog.com/windows-7-and-8-are-now-being-updated-to-get-telemetry-same-tracking-as-windows-10/

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3g20wk/windows_7_and_8_are_now_being_updated_to_get/

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2911609/operating-systems/kb-2952664-compatibility-update-for-win7-triggers-unexpected-daily-telemetry-run-may-be-snooping.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/370460-corrupt-utc-app-json-telemetry-asm-windowsdefault-json.html

Solution for W7 and W8 on local account: (for now, also going forward check the updates before installing)

Link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3g7hr0/removing_telemetry_from_windows_7_and_8x/

P.S. Is each one decision.....   if you care about your privacy stay with w7 or w8 for now to see if somebody crack the privacy problem with w10.

On the other hand if you don't care about your privacy upgrade to w10....  that is cool too !!!

Just trying to inform you all !!!!

;-)

This is getting a bit ridiculous. So I'll bite.

'Bill Gates, in cooperation with Microsoft and the UN is creating a New World Order force. The army is being assembled in Cuba; hence the move to normalize relations with the island nation. The goal of the operation is to destroy Linux, so that all operating systems will (like Windows 10) collect information regarding an individual's

musical tastes, genetic structure, and favourite beef jerky. Those who do not use beef jerky, will be forced to install Windows ME on their computers.'

Seriously, do you guys have any idea how much information Apple, Google, your cellular provider and a host of others; have on you? This suspicion of everything Microsoft is uninformed, unproductive and unhealthy.

While we're at it, we should turn off all of our GPS radios. That's how the NWO army will track and apprehend us.