Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Windows 10 Will Be The LAST OS

OK one more time, Google, Apple, Amazon, and the internet in general, collects more privacy data than Win 10 ever will collect. 

OK one more time, Google, Apple, Amazon, and the internet in general, collects more privacy data than Win 10 ever will collect. 

As one of the articles I posted pointed out: “We're no worse than other offenders” is not really a defence you could use in court.

People have a perfect right to bend over and take it, but others also (still) have the right to take action if they see fit. The reason internet privacy and security is not even worse is that concerned citizens and organizations like the ACLU, The Electronic Frontier Foundation (both of which I am a member) and others, nationally and internationally, fight for and demand oversight and transparency as well as updates of law to encompass emerging technologies that may threaten privacy (or rights) even more.

Media keeps users up to date on possible issues, and you can thank people who don't turn a blind eye and instead stand up for themselves as active and aware citizens for the fact that the choice to opt in or out of many things on the internet and on your browsers and operating systems is even available at all.

Next time you ask an annoying telesales person to take you off their list and not call again, think of the people who stepped up to the plate and fought for new laws to make that possible rather than simply shrugging, saying it's all hopeless, and bending over.

By the way, just within the last two weeks speaking at the EPIC privacy conference, Apple CEO Tim cook said:

I’m speaking to you from Silicon Valley, where some of the most prominent and successful companies have built their businesses by lulling their customers into complacency about their personal information. They’re gobbling up everything they can learn about you and trying to monetize it. We think that’s wrong. And it’s not the kind of company that Apple wants to be. We believe the customer should be in control of their own information. You might like these so-called free services, but we don’t think they’re worth having your e-mail, your search history and now even your family photos data mined and sold off for god knows what advertising purpose. And we think some day, customers will see this for what it is.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Media keeps users up to date on possible issues

Media also has a tendency to scare users over non-issues to get more clicks and views.

Brandon Filer

Media also has a tendency to scare users over non-issues to get more clicks and views.

And who decides whats a non issue? For everyone. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And who decides whats a non issue?

i do, for me, by spending 10 minutes turning off those options in Win 10. That is the only one I am concerned about when I am using my Win 10. If others can't/won't/don't know/don't know how, well it's up to them to protect THEIR privacy, not me.

i do, for me, by spending 10 minutes turning off those options in Win 10. That is the only one I am concerned about when I am using my Win 10. If others can't/won't/don't know/don't know how, well it's up to them to protect THEIR privacy, not me.

And it's up to some to help them, if they decide to do so. The media reports and the software like "O&O Shutup10" address a perceived need. If you don't perceive that need, then fair enough, but others may have different feelings on the matter.

Devons rig