Help me decide between these A2A planes

First I should state what I already have. This is in my A2A hangar

Piper Cherokee 180

C172

C182

Stratocruiser B377

Civ P51 Mustang (only civ)

Spitfire

I'm considering either the P47 or the P40. As important as features is also the personality of the plane. I want it to be different to what I already have in addition to good features and being an advanced simulation (plane). My impression so far is what speaks most for each plane

The P40

Since it's the most recent released plane it can be expected to have most and best implemented features. What will I loose in this regard if not choosing this one ?

The P47

It seem more different to what I already have and having more personality. The manual has more pages than the one for P40 suggesting it's more advanced ? I would expect it to be the other way around.

I have both Planes......And they both have their advantages and disadvantages.....The P40 is easier to fly then the P51. Its is a more hands on aircraft then the P51 or P47.....

Both the P40 and P47 are enjoyable to fly, The immersion factor in both these planes, are about the same.....

Check these videos on the 2 planes......

P40......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR8Tu3lXZYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bdo0lPok1I

P47.....

The P40 is easier to fly then the P51

Could you say that the P40 is somewhat similar to P51 ?

Its is a more hands on aircraft then the P51 or P47

What do you mean by 'more hands on'  aircraft ?

Yes it is similar in some aspects....

What do you mean by 'more hands on'  aircraft ?

You have more work to do when it comes to the flaps and landing gear. ETC.....

The P-40 was grossly under powered compared to the P-51. The lack of a 2 stage Supercharger made it useless at higher altitudes, they were two completely different animals. I have the P-40 and am now going to get the P-51. I am also getting the Spit. In world War II the debate still lingers which was better, the P-51, the Spit or the FW190D.

The P40 wasn't the most recently released A2A product.. it was more like Spitfire -> P40 -> P51 -> Cessna 172 -> Piper Cherokee 180 -> Cessna 182. Or close enough at least.

Doesn't mean the P40 is bad (in fact every single A2A product is awesome and don't let each individual release date influence your choice)

I want to grab the C182 but Im concerned like the Piper the Autopilot does not work on any type of external hardware and I hate using a mouse .

ZORAN

The P40 wasn't the most recently released A2A product.. it was more like Spitfire -> P40 -> P51 -> Cessna 172 -> Piper Cherokee 180 -> Cessna 182. Or close enough at least.

Doesn't mean the P40 is bad (in fact every single A2A product is awesome and don't let each individual release date influence your choice)

I meant that  the P40 was more recent than the p47

I want to grab the C182 but Im concerned like the Piper the Autopilot does not work on any type of external hardware and I hate using a mouse .

The autopilot is fully controllable using the standard FSUIPC (and therefore FSX) assignments, eg. AP Master, Heading Hold, Heading -/+, Nav, etc, etc, if that helps.

So usually, where key assignments are available, you should be able to map this to hardware.

The autopilot is fully controllable using the standard FSUIPC (and therefore FSX) assignments, eg. AP Master, Heading Hold, Heading -/+, Nav, etc, etc, if that helps.

So usually, where key assignments are available, you should be able to map this to hardware.

Thanks for the reply, I ended up buying it and the VR insight M panel works right out of the box so very happy about that.

edit

Its not 100% compatible, a few things like VS dont work quite right and needs FSUIPC assistance

ZORAN

I meant that  the P40 was more recent than the p47

Yes the A2A P40 is newer then the A2A P47.....

Either plane are great to have, And the plus to it, is you get the A2A quality, The P40 and the P47 requires the additional purchase of the accusim, for the Accusim functions.....Otherwise you get just the plane itself.......

Craig....

I have both, both are excellent, my favorite is the P-40.  It is still my favorite A2A plane of their entire fleet.  The P-40 has the same rugged manual nature of the P-47, yet is small enough to comfortably get in to small GA airports. 

I always use the car example.  The Spitfire is like a Jaguar E Type...Beautiful, great hanlding, somewhat tempermental and not very practical.

The P-51 is like a vintage Ford Mustang with automatic transmission.  Powerful, fast, with practical uses.

The P-40 is like an old stick shift jeep, rugged, very 'manual' operation.  At first you think you'll need more hands than you have to operate it, but after you get used to it, it is pretty easy to operate.

If the P-40 is a Jeep, the P-47 is a Peterbuilt by comparison lol.

Compared to the P-51, the P-40 is much more hands on, the P-51 being very automated.  The P-51 is faster and idea for long trips, the P-40 is still plenty fast, and is ideally flown at lower altitudes.  The P-40 can also get in to small runways that you wouldn't dare try with a P-51.  Since FSX/P3D is not a combat sim, the whole purpose of these A2A warbird experience is to enjoy the thrill of learning to operate and fly them.  The P-51 is an excellent A-B cruiser, the P-40 an excellent low altitude scenery tourer.

These fast high performance tail draggers will make you a good pilot too if you take the time to learn them.

Cheers

TJ

If the P-40 is a Jeep, the P-47 is a Peterbuilt by comparison lol.

P-40 = Sherman tank and the P-47 = Tiger tank.  :ph34r:

I have both Planes......And they both have their advantages and disadvantages.....The P40 is easier to fly then the P51. Its is a more hands on aircraft then the P51 or P47.....

Both the P40 and P47 are enjoyable to fly, The immersion factor in both these planes, are about the same.....

Having flown the real Mustang I can verify the Mustang is very much a hands on aircraft. Especially with trim. after you get her trimmed out, she wants to speed up and when she does, wants to climb again. This bird wants to fly!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d