Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

FS9 AI props in FSX-SE

I know this is an old problem that for many users is now a dead issue but being new to FSX I'm struggling with it. I am using World of AI for my AI and in most cases the models work fine. But props appear as black discs. There are hundreds of posts and threads on various sites addressing this issue but that's the problem - there are so many! Wading through them all and following links that in many cases are now dead is really frustrating.

I would be grateful for any help in resolving this - including a payware program if it will do the necessary conversions. Even better, a file that provides a replacement prop texture for HTAI, PAI etc. models would be great

Thanks

Ian

Yeah, when I was using WOAI FS9 model in FSX I encountered the same. An easy fix for me was to take a working prop.bmp texture for an FSX model and copy it into the texture folders of the WOAI models texture folders that were displaying the black disks. Worked fine for me and only took about 30 minutes to fix all the WOAI planes.

Maybe some other ways to do it by fixing the transparencies of the included WOAI models textures, but the way I did it by copy and pasting a working prop.bmp was an quick and easy way to do it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That is what I have done to get FS9 props to at least not be black discs.  They still blot out autogen buildings and clouds, but at least they eliminate the black disc.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks guys. After I posted this I thought of doing what you suggested and have been able to fix some of them. The challenge is to find those textures. There are surprisingly few AI files that are specifically FSX. Though there are many that are supposed to work in both versions I've found some where the prop issue is still there.

I don't mean to criticize the wonderful folks who have provided great AI models since FS9 came out but it's kind of surprising there are very few specific "fixes" available.

Thank you for your help

Ian

ai_prop_disk_textures.zip

In the Library.  Has 2, 3 and 4 bladed props with several color tips.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks - I found this and have started using it. A long process having to do it for each texture set but I'll get there in the end! ^_^

Kiwi;

TheOwls Nest has a prop fixer that has worked for me. It fixes all HTAI prop planes and some others too. (http://www.owlsnest.eu/maiw.php)

Some others you just have to do one at a time.

Hope this helps

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Thank you! I will check it out right now as the HTAI SE Cessna product is the primary source for my VFR traffic and the thought of doing all those texture sets one by one was very intimidating

Danke!

Ian

The utility from the Owl's nest worked perfectly. There may be some props it didn't fix but I haven't seen any yet. THANK YOU!

Great, I'm glad it worked for you. :Applause:

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."