Sign in to follow this  
signmanbob

FLYSIMWARE - MITSUBISHI MU-2B-60 FSX P3D

I have been trying to fly this thing around. I HATE Garrett engines, they are loud and proud! They idle around 90%. My old A&P buddy used to call these things the Japanese revenge. They are a nightmare to fuel. As all the fuel is on top it makes them very top heavy. I don't really care for the VC. Overall she is fun to fly. I can't decide what to call the inside graphics. That is my only hang up with this plane. We can't get weather radar in P3Dv2.5 either. I am looking for a work around for this one. I also have the 441 and it is about the same. Start locks are hard to model in both sims and this I understand. If your a MU2 fan this will do. It just seems to be missing something. I guess depth shadowing would help and maybe a little texture. I would recommend it just as a change from the norm. The interior sound was loud so I just turned down the engines and that helped. It is fun to hand fly and handles really well. I will let someone else weigh in on this one. Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired.

I kind of wish they would do the graphics to a higher standard and charge more for it. They are making an impact with systems faithful planes, Great support and a CEO that flies the planes he makes ! Next plane will be a business jet I believe

ZORAN

Aside from cosmetics, it's got a couple technical issues that I'm hoping they get sorted:

1. it is NOT 100% GTN750 compatible, meaning that the f/d will not couple with an LPV glideslope, and in some cases not the lateral either (localizer). Can't comment on ILS since I have not tested it, but if you like doing alot of pattern work using the gtn and flight director while flying manually this may not be your ticket.

2. There is no way to get the plane to load in a cold/dark state from the free flight screen. Instead, it loads with the batteries and avionics on and then you need to click on a menu item to shut it off.

Flys tamed & easy

Startup's are alot of fun

Sounds are very close to the real plane (watch some YT vids)

Needs better reflections on the glass items and windscreen, and improved interior nite lighting although everything you need is there.

The vc is sub-freeware standard.

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

The vc is sub-freeware standard.

Actually not so. Also the systems are so far beyond Carenado, and the support so efficient, the visuals dont really matter - and they are being worked on.

If you judge an addon by having Carenado style textures, this one is not for you.  If you want great engine simulation, fantastic flight dynamics, great sounds (loud engine!  but also lovely switch and ancilliary sounds), and a very convincing overall flight experience, it's for you.

Let's also remember that developing addons isn't going to make any small time developer a millionaire - the developer has been honest enough to say that he doesn't yet own - and cannot afford - the software that can do enhanced texturing and better depth effects.  They give plenty of screenshots of the VC so people can make their choice.   They're genuine enough to be honest about this fact, so slapping them for it is a bit pointless and mean - if the textures are a problem for you, just don't buy it.

I also find to get the take off power set, the sound when the Torque goes up is absolutely absent, every torque variation is inaudible and that point disappoint me. Adding that the X-plane versión of this bird, has at least the graphic windshield heaters modeled, so i hope (on the Flysimware model) the ice never comes :rolleyes:  :P  :lol: !!!!!

If you have 1.5 installed, the version does not currently include the definitive soundset. Strangely, it was included in 1.4.