Sign in to follow this  
JohnARG89

FMC Freezes on RTE DATA page

Good Day,

PMDG Team

I've been experiencing FMC freezing when entering the cruise winds in the LEGS/RTE DATA page. I've noticed that happens on long trips with many waypoints. In shorts trips with no too many waypoints doesn't happen this. Only the FMC freezes, i can switch from one page to another, but i cannot tape or erase anything. The FSX and the aircraft keep running normally.

Any way to solve this issue?

Thank you for your time.

I saw a thread the other day that was close to the same subject.

I have never had this problem, but I remember at least one said that if they don't select an arrival or approach then this happens.  Try selecting an arrival.  This should not be a problem and I am interested in knowing if it is.  Please report back your findings. Thank you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Good day,

I did what instructed by Dan and everything is working great. I selected an arrival and approach and the issue is solved. Now i'm able to enter as many cruise winds as possible into the FMC and doesn't freeze anymore. I think this is a good way to solve this problem in long hauls, since i haven't experienced this in short hauls.

Thank you for your help.

everything is working great.

I can't take credit for it, I only suggested something somebody else experienced.  This seems to be a reproducible given certain conditions.  Please, if you don't mind, submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support (support.precisionmanuals.com) so they can validate the bug and at least put it in the bug tracking system.  Otherwise, come time to update or go to NGXv2 we will probably forget this.

The customer that can describe a reproducible bug and get it into the PMDG bug tracking system is doing everybody a big service.  Notice the update the the 777 for memory leaks, that was all due to customers figuring out the conditions that led to a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

I got the same problem.

Will the CDU Freeze when i change the STAR and RWY during the flight?

I hope there is/will be a fix for the problem. Workaroung is good but hopefully not permanent ;)

greets

. Workaroung is good but hopefully not permanent ;)

Double posting isn't going to fix things any quicker.  There's no announced update to NGX so minor bug fixes are in the queue.

Dan Downs KCRP