Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Long pauses when flying at cruising alt over London?

I have a few UK2000 sceneries, the latest versions of EGLL, EGKK, EGSS and EGLC. When flying at cruise altitude over London, my FPS drops to 5fps for a few seconds, this follows a long few second pause. Otherwise my frames are very good between 40-50fps. What is causing this constant pause that goes away once I am some miles away from London? Missing textures? How can I find out? Thank you!

Antivirus? Exception(s) entered?

Observe what task manager (performance) shows/does.

Maybe another service/program doing the load - quit anything else but fsx and really needed services (for testing) - I usually use msconfig for that.

Otherwise process monitor from Sysinternals, filter for fsx.exe, and see what it loads or tries to load. (careful with it, usually crashes EZCA, and might even freeze fsx for a while)

Maybe another service/program doing the load - quit anything else but fsx and really needed services (for testing) - I usually use msconfig for that.

Otherwise process monitor from Sysinternals, filter for fsx.exe, and see what it loads or tries to load. (careful with it, usually crashes EZCA, and might even freeze fsx for a while)

But this happens only over London, no other city on any continent I have flied over almost every major city and London gives me 5 second pauses every 10-20 seconds for as long as I am within a radius of downtown

Hi

Isn't it likely to be something in the scenery central London? I have UK2000's EGLL and when sitting at the gate move an outside view towards the east and the frame rate halves. It's always been that way.

Jay

Jason Jackett

AI being loaded? Happens at (if I recall correctly) 60 nm from the airport? With so many large airports in the London area that would certainly cause pauses while loading if you have even a moderate amount of AI.

James

Just downloaded and installed that Process Monitor. How do I use it to filter for P3D/FSZ to see what it loads?

But this happens only over London, no other city on any continent I have flied over almost every major city and London gives me 5 second pauses every 10-20 seconds for as long as I am within a radius of downtown

I too have the same issue using UK2000 sceneries around London.

Just downloaded and installed that Process Monitor. How do I use it to filter for P3D/FSZ to see what it loads?

I'm not sure you can. You can just see the total VAS used by each programme.

Jason Jackett

I'm not sure you can. You can just see the total VAS used by each programme.

Thanks for that. So, how do I use this ProcMon to shut down VAS-eating programs?

Process Monitor is not the same as Process Explorer.

Procmon(.exe) monitors a single process or a group of processes for anything the process is doing. Opening registry keys, writing/reading to disk, which files, etc. It will, if you set it to show fsx.exe only, show only that - and if there is something else occupying your CPU, it won't show that.

When setting Process Monitor filter, set "Process Name is fsx.exe Include".

Then turn on features in the bar to your liking/need.

Procmon cannot be used to quit programs. Use msconfig for that. Under Services, hide all MS services, then disable all, Startup: disable all. OK, reboot.

If the problem still exists then your problem is most likely FSX-bound (which sounds already like that, through the fact that it only happens in London). If that is the case, then disabling anything in or near London would be a good idea to start the research.