Sign in to follow this  
Fusions

Vox with P3D 2.5.12945

I'm not sure that entry has to be in the P3D.cfg. It does have to be in the sim objects.cfg though. I can't access my directory right now to check. If it's working fine, I wouldn't worry about it.

PS: I just checked my P3D.cfg. There is an entry for the simobjects path for My Traffic Professional.

NAX669.png

Strange, I only have the my traffic entry in the sim objects cfg file. All I did was remove the quotation marks and it works fine - does this disable my traffic?

Why does Voxatc require this change?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

My guess is Vox has to see it in the simobjects,cfg because VOX controls the AI traffic. The quotation marks must confuse it. I have no idea why it's an issue with the panel utility though.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike, 

Do you have issues loading voxpop on 64 bit windows? I get an error starting up voxatc when i have set it up with the voice configuration. 

On another side note -- how is flying with Qantas Virtual...I signed up but had some login issues, now I am deregistered. :)

Regards.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi Mike, 

Do you have issues loading voxpop on 64 bit windows? I get an error starting up voxatc when i have set it up with the voice configuration. 

On another side note -- how is flying with Qantas Virtual...I signed up but had some login issues, now I am deregistered. :)

Regards.

I have not had any issues with voxpop. I don't do anything with it. I did have some issues yesterday with Vox having fatal errors in the middle of a flight. I had to disable then reenable it. Qantas Virtual is a very good VA. Very professionally run with a lot of route options. Give them a try. It's worth it.

NAX669.png

I posted on the My Traffic forum and the person that created it says that in 2.5, there is no longer an entry in the P3D.cfg file, only in simobjects.cfg file in the all users Folder.   That being said, I have watched several videos of Vox on youtube, and frankly I am disappointed in the voices that they use in the program which at times seem very hard to understand and don't sound like the ATC that I am used to when I fly real aircraft. I think I will just stick with the P3D Atc. 

Hi OmniAtlas,

You seem to have the same problem as me! I contacted Tegwyn and problem for me seems to be resolved by doing the following...

1, If you only have P3D installed then Vox 6.51 doesn't work, you need to use version 6.5

2, Then go into c\programdata\Lockheed Martin\P3D v2

open the file simobjects.cfg

Find the My Traffic entry which will be something like

[Entry.9]

"Mytraffic6\Mytraffic\Aircraft" and remove the quotes from around the entry and then save the file.

3, Then open the file prepar3d.cfg in C\users\your user name\Appdata\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\P3S v2 and find and change

SimObjectsPath.9 "MyTraffic6\MyTraffic\Aicraft" entry and again remove the quotes. Save the file and exit.

Run the indexer again.

Now your entry may look slightly different to mine depending on what drive you have saved to but this worked for me so hope it does for you too. I have tried to attach the 6.5 file for you but for some reason it won't attach but if you look at some other posts on this forum about this problem it is there as that's where I got it from!

Cheers and good luck..

In version 2.5, your step #3 is incorrect. That is no longer placed in the P3DV2.cfg file.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well that's a bit strange as there is most certainly a my traffic entry in both CFG's on my set up! Tegwyn requested I sent him copies of both and his solution was to do what I described above which I did. Nothing incorrect about it.

I can't say if it's the same on everybody's set up its just what worked for me.

After many days of struggling trying to install Vox on my P3D sim, and emailing them, I get an answer back from Vox. Here is what the email said.  " If you only have P3D installed on your system, download this version www.voxatc.net/650/VoxATCInstall.zip "

Now why on earth is this not on their website, is beyond me for people with P3D only. Oh well, it cost them a sale, because I purchased Pro ATC and really like it.  I sent them a reply to their email and suggested they put this info on their website.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Now why on earth is this not on their website, is beyond me for people with P3D only. Oh well, it cost them a sale, because I purchased Pro ATC and really like it.  I sent them a reply to their email and suggested they put this info on their website.  

I agree with you. Tegwyn offers great support, but a little more involvement with customers in forums - AVSIM or other - would save him many emails.

To sum up all the info above, for P3D V2.5 use 6.50 only! With MT6, get rid of the quotes in the entry 9 of the simobjects.cfg in the Program Data folder as mentioned above. Run the indexer. Voila!

I was surprised how easy MT6 was to install. The dedicated P3D MT6 manual in the simforums webpage is all you need.

MT6 and VOXATC work beautifully together. This is what I have been waiting for: a P3D sim with traffic and an active ATC.

A BIG thanks to all the AVSIM members who covers the shortcomings of certain developers.