Sign in to follow this  
calcajun

Up date FSX sids stars and ils.

Is there any thing out there that will update the sids stars and Ils in the FSX flight planer?   I have navigraph to up date PMDG Majestic and FS build.  I dont think it up date FSX.

Thanks for the help.

Cannot be done.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is there any thing out there that will update the sids stars and Ils in the FSX flight planer?   I have navigraph to up date PMDG Majestic and FS build.  I dont think it up date FSX.

Thanks for the help.

This is a great question and some help is possible. You can change at least the ILS frequencies as I read and also there is an update for the magnetic variation, which is changing every year. In real world flying I have already come across some runways having new numbers and it is great to have it in the sim too of course. The painting is a different thing. Anyway, check this link out and see, if it is of some help for you!

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

Many greetings from Germany,

Manfred

Is there any thing out there that will update the sids stars and Ils in the FSX flight planer? I have navigraph to up date PMDG Majestic and FS build. I dont think it up date FSX.

Thanks for the help.

If your flying the PMDG and Majestic planes, then their isn't really any need to update FSX nav aids since those planes rely on their own data base which you have updated. The only thing you may need to do from time to time is use ADEX to update ILS frequencies at some airports.

Plus since FSX itself doesn't have SIDS and STARS in the data base there's nothing you can do. Since you have FSBuild I'm not sure why you would want to use the FSX flight planner anyway.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

then their isn't really any need to update FSX nav aids since those planes rely on their own data base 

Not really, considering that what will be used by the simulator for instrument following (ILSs & other navaids) is what the sim provides in its internal database. In case you tune an updated frequency that does not match the sim one, you'll have a "discrepancy" warning on your FMC and any automatic approach mode will not work. More details in my FAQ list (N°3) here

http://aerosors.freeforums.net/thread/5/faq-answers-related-navaid-updates

Hope it will clarify

Hervé

Thanks for all the help guys.  I bet when FSX 2020 comes out it will have all the updates.