Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

Milviz P38 TacPack for P3d

Very nice indeed.  Just had a peep on YouTube,  no little sneak peek at all 

There is a hotfix in the support forum(not the one here at AVSIM) for FSX SE users which fixes a CTD.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

That huge yoke hides quite a few gauges.

Anyone know if it's click-spot removable?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

It is. click on any gauge glass once you want it back.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

It is. click on any gauge glass once you want it back.

Ok.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Got me the P-38 (TacPack Version). It is a pretty nice model. Nice paints, super cool sounds, very detailed cockpit. Unfortunately i didnt get the machine gun to work. I tried it with the first release. Will test it tonite with the revised version. 

For warbirds lovers a must have. It is a HQ MilViz work.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Got it (standard version, I don't have any use for TacPack). It's a really nice warbird indeed, and it flies lovely. Do read the manual though, if you don't get your speed right for landing you might break a nose gear or two :P.

I do wish it had a Cold & Dark mode or something similar included, and perhaps some of the common power settings (like most A2A warbirds for example). And by that, I mean include them in the Quick Start instead of digging through the Pilot Training Manual ;).

Unfortunately i didnt get the machine gun to work.

Yep, it doesn't work with the trigger on the stick, but it does work if you press the gun button on the VC yoke. Definitely a programming bug.

Yep, it doesn't work with the trigger on the stick, but it does work if you press the gun button on the VC yoke. Definitely a programming bug.

Hello Jay,

thanks :) I updated the P38 last night. I finally got the guns to work. As you said the trigger on th yoke does not do anything but the keys "SHF-STRG-V" is working. However after firing a few rounds into the Arizona dessert i encounter simulator freeze ups for about 2-3 seconds. Reason might be the labels of the impact of the projectiles generated by TacPack.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I noticed the TacPac for the P-38L indicates it is for Prepar3D Version 3,  I am running Prepar3d Version 4.3 which includes a Milviz P-38  anyone know where I can get a Tacpac for the P3d version 4.3 P-38 ?   

7 hours ago, jjpamhawk said:

I noticed the TacPac for the P-38L indicates it is for Prepar3D Version 3,  I am running Prepar3d Version 4.3 which includes a Milviz P-38  anyone know where I can get a Tacpac for the P3d version 4.3 P-38 ?   

I didn't think the TacPac worked in 64-bit yet (??).   At least, I have not seen anything about TacPac working in P3Dv4.  If it does, someone will post that shortly!  I would be very interested if it does.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 hours ago, Mace said:

I didn't think the TacPac worked in 64-bit yet (??).   At least, I have not seen anything about TacPac working in P3Dv4.  If it does, someone will post that shortly!  I would be very interested if it does.

It's been working for a while. The most recent TacPack version works in 4.3 but not 4.4, but I assume that VRS is working on that now that 4.4 is out.

10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It's been working for a while. The most recent TacPack version works in 4.3 but not 4.4, but I assume that VRS is working on that now that 4.4 is out.

Hmm Okay.  Well, then, I have the JustFlight BAe Hawk jet trainer.  It says it is TacPac-capable.  I suppose I would need to purchase the tacpac from VRS and then the rest would be self-explanatory?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes. but what weapon systems does that aircraft have as standard? There are also other aircraft that users have modified to be TacPack enabled.Check out the VRS official forum for more information.