Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

HMS Bounty For FS9 Released

Milton Shupe has produced a gem for FS9... I think he may have missed announcing it here, so I'll do it:

Version 1.1 is in the library here.

6ZnTMH.jpg

Some great modelling and FDE - see how it heels over in the gale, the keel fights the wind as it yaws the ship. Sails are animated and you have to furl them if you don't want storm damage.
For the less adventurous, there is also AutoSkipper... 

yWeHjR.jpg

Yes I saw it, downloaded it, yet to run it.

I was going to give a heads-up here but thought it was too special interest to do so.  I'm glad you thought otherwise WingZ.  :P

WOW! Looks fantastic! I'm just pleased to read Milton Schupe is still involved with FS! The Bounty looks spectacular from the screens. Be great if someone created a Titanic to this sort of quality.

Mark Daniels

Since when is it possible to operate ships in fs?? haha :lol:

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Since when is it possible to operate ships in fs?? haha :lol:

Since time began…..  

http://deltasimstudio.com

I do miss Deltasim's boats, Nemeth Design's choppers and Carenado's GA …..but they

have saved me a lot of money. :BigGrin:

Thanks WingZ for the heads-up. Perhaps the vehicle for my next round-the-world tour? I'm already looking for decent harbour sceneries for FS9 :lol:.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

How fast does it go, WingZie? :P

Well Jon, how fast does the wind blow?

The better question would be:

Are we there yet?  :rolleyes: 

Perhaps the vehicle for my next round-the-world tour?

The wind of course is the factor: high and low.

It's easy to forget the issues facing those early voyagers...

Bearing in mind you would start furling mainsails at around 30kts, I'd say you might want to plan your route with some care!

Milton is talking about releasing some other bits around this project, so might be fun to do.

Thanks for the nice comments.  Happy to see so many enjoying this unique implementation.

In the real world, the replica Bounty averaged 5-6 knots according to her last Captain in an interview, and said he once achieved 12 knots in a hurricane..  This was mainly due to hull design in those days for these collier type square rigged ships.

Our FSim Bounty is limited to 15 knots in any winds depending of wind direction, wind speed, and sails deployed and their yard arms position.

Beyond 30 knots, you must begin stowing sails to prevent sail or mast damage.  The higher the wind speeds, the more sails that must come down.

This is all explained in the included document.

Too bad that it floundered and sank. I wonder if the owners are going to try and bring her back up?  I can't remember how many feet of water she is laying in...and the Captain passed with the ship...so sorry to have read about that. I hope she can see daylight once more.  She didn't 'hole' but floundered...so air bladders placed within her, should do the trick.....

It would take yet another remake of the movie to get one... and "our" replica is still alive and well and living in Hong Kong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounty_%281978_ship%29

Hull designs (and other bits) certainly have come a long way: the America's Cup cats topped 50 kts.  

There is a gauge file in the HMS Bounty that Norton on my system does not like.  Not loading this file prevents the ship from moving forward in the water, regardless of wind speed.  I removed the ship from my aircraft file and will await a patch or new file.  Looks to be a fun simulation when the bugs are worked out.

that Norton on my system does not like

May I suggest that you deny Norton the opportunity to monitor your FS9 (or other sim) folder.  Many here have found Norton, in particular, to be overly intrusive on their simming enjoyment.

I removed the ship from my aircraft file and will await a patch or new file.  Looks to be a fun simulation when the bugs are worked out.

The fact that your antivirus does not like one of the files in this download does not make it a bug !

I second the advice to tell Norton to keep its nose out of your FS9 folder

Peter Schluter

Yes I cling to the conspiracy theory that Norton writes its own viruses  :o

Perhaps Bounty V1.2 available now in the library will solve any issues.

It has a "tugboat" and refines the sail deployment in gusty conditions.

So nice when the developer is locked in with the user group...