Sign in to follow this  
Aloysio

Operations Center

Hello folks,

I had to reinstall Windons 7 - Ultimate - and Flight Simulator X - sp2.

I reinstalled the default  PMDG NG-800 and 700, using the files and act Keys I had kept from former installation.

To download other liveries I must have the Operations Center software.

But I can`t find this Op.Center in my Computer.

So, I would appreciate your help in order to know where I can get this Op. Center.

Thank you all kindly.

Aloysio Lívio Carneiro.

But I can`t find this Op.Center in my Computer.

This usually happens when you do not uninstall before installing the new version.

Uninstall the old version, then install using the new installers.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle for your prompt reply. Your recommendation solved the problem.

Aloysio Lívio Carneiro.

Thanks Kyle for your prompt reply. Your recommendation solved the problem.

You're welcome! Glad to help!

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,

Can you clarify something for me,

When I downloaded the link from my account and opened it,there were 2 options-'remove' and 'repair'.I hit 'repair' but no ops centre has appeared.

If I hit 'remove' what actually happens?Do  I need to go back to my account download link and reinstall from there-will there be an option now for 'install' instead of 'repair' and 'remove'?I wouldn't want to 'remove' and find I have lost everything.

Hi,

Can you clarify something for me,

When I downloaded the link from my account and opened it,there were 2 options-'remove' and 'repair'.I hit 'repair' but no ops centre has appeared.

If I hit 'remove' what actually happens?Do  I need to go back to my account download link and reinstall from there-will there be an option now for 'install' instead of 'repair' and 'remove'?I wouldn't want to 'remove' and find I have lost everything.

Remove wouldn't delete the installer. Even if it did, all you'd need to do is just download it again.

Either way, uninstall via the control panel, and then install from the installer you downloaded.

Kyle Rodgers

The REPAIR/REMOVE page is confusing if repair is not an option.  Clicking REPAIR should give a polite message that the installer is unable to do this under certain configurations (eg FSX/FSXSE concurrent installation); however, my preference would be to disable or hide the repair checkbox.  This is like a restaurant having something on the menu that you cannot order... but you really want it.  Certain configurations will allow a straight upgrade when you run the installer, otherwise the REPAIR/REMOVE screen is displayed and only the REMOVE option is working.

That's a poke at the developers; however, on the user side I would not expect to update a product using REPAIR... that's just doesn't make sense.  Repair does not mean update.  If you want to update and your only options in front of you are REPAIR or REMOVE the logical choice is remove. 

PMDG's instructions are simple and apply to everyone regardless of configuration (darn you Dovetail):  Uninstall old version and install new version.  Simple.  No repairs, no deleting folders, just simple two steps.

Dan Downs KCRP