Sign in to follow this  
flyerboy

Sky Replacement Textures

Nice ones David. Can I ask which specific sets those are, and also what your favourites are for dawn and dusk? 

I use the weather funion in REX4 and use that to give the clouds and sky colour for the given weather report. REX4 uses the weather report for just that, clouds and sky colours to match weather everything else is random.

Those clouds look good, but I would have to agree the HDEv2 sky sets are the most realistic I've seen yet.

Each to there own but I wont call a product that I have never owned. Just by some SS someone posts.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm using these sky textures available in the library here:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Gabriel+Joaquim+Teles+Rodrigues&CatID=root&Go=Search

They look much better than any REX4 textures (which I also own). I think Rob Ainscough uses these as well in his great looking videos. Give them a try! They are very nice.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I use REX 4 1024x1024 for sky/clous/taxiway/runway textures and ASN for weather

HDEv2 for FSX can be used P3D.

I don't think you can use the sky textures though. The cloud textures work fine

Each to there own but I wont call a product that I have never owned. Just by some SS someone posts.

I don't know what you mean, but I do own REX, just don't use it for the sky or clouds anymore, just use the water.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't think you can use the sky textures though. The cloud textures work fine

You have to download the FSX version of HDEv2. The FS9 version sky textures won't work in FSX of P3D, but clouds for FS9 will work in FSX or P3D.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm using the REX4 sky textures - P3D ones too bright (although saying that the sky above London today was a beautiful uninterrupted "LM" blue so maybe P3D colours are correct :P)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg