Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Hawker capture ILS/GS procedure

Hi Rich

Got it to work Jim - thanks not sure how but got it to land it was calling out glidescope - nice landing but not feeling comfy how I got there so have to keep running this short route I do to figure things out - did notice hitting ap - alt - nav it does not follow fms plan - had to turn on heading switch and play with nav after that not sure about that - well getting a bit better just have to pay attention to what and when I am doing it

Rich Sennett

Hi Rich,

Glad you got it working.  Myself, I'm having trouble trying to get the plane to follow a flight plan.  Once airborne and I selct Nav, the plane turns in some other direction and won't head for the WP.  And don't get me started on the autopilot.  Really a challange.  Oh well.  Keeps me off the streets.

Jim

Hi Rich,

Glad you got it working.  Myself, I'm having trouble trying to get the plane to follow a flight plan.  Once airborne and I selct Nav, the plane turns in some other direction and won't head for the WP.  And don't get me started on the autopilot.  Really a challange.  Oh well.  Keeps me off the streets.

Jim

LOL good one Jim keeps Us out of trouble - yah just tried again and it didnt follow it but then I switched the lower left pfd button from fms to loc1 and I think it was working also hit nav/vnav on take off at least thats what Carenado mention in the brief pdf -but dont quote me as it missed the first waypoint so it was hit or miss getting it back on track - cant believe there is a decent tutorial yet - oh well take care Jim

Rich Sennett

Richard,

The outer knob under NAV/BRG changes the MODE ( ILS2, ILS1, FMC ). Turn it right or left, and look at the mode. 

Hope it helps,

MD

Hi guys,

I reposted my pics and added some comments. 

I am on a flight KMRY/KMRY, heading off to the sea in HDG and ALTS. I selected ILS10R for the approach and steered it to an intercept heading. 

https://www.icloud.c...#A4J0DiRHJEu1w4

This is just one way that worked for me. It should be possible to be in other AP modes before intercepting the ILS and follow it, but it does not always do...You normally don't want to level off, but be on a continuous descent rather.

I hope the pics are somehow helpful.

Cheers

Perry

Regards, Perry

Hi guys,

Cheers

Perry

Perry your the best check this out after work tonight - thanks to All

Rich Sennett

Richard,

The outer knob under NAV/BRG changes the MODE ( ILS2, ILS1, FMC ). Turn it right or left, and look at the mode. 

Yes this is really key for navigation (in any aircraft).  You need to be certain of the navigation source!  

Before any mods on the Hawker you basically have 1) GPS  2) FMS  3)  LOC1(ie vor 1)  4)  LOC2 (ie vor 2)

GPS will follow FSX/P3D flight plans made with the built in flight planner

FMS should follow the Hawker's FMS routing

LOC1 is what you want to navigate using VOR1 or if you want the autopilot to fly an ILS.

LOC2 is if you tuned a VOR to your NAV2 radio.  I believe you can dial in an ILS frequency but the autopilot won't fly the ILS unless LOC1 is your primary navigation source.

Also, please note if you see LOC1 in blue it's not the active nav source.  If it's in blue it's the one "armed" in the preset function.  The active nav source is in green text to the left of the wind indicator.

Finally what MD discusses above controls the outer "blue outline" middle knob after you press NAV/BRG.  If you want to change your preset just turn the inner "yellow outline" knob.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I find that the APPR mode will not engage until I 're-cycle' the autopilot..just a little thing that I can point out.

Coming in from a longer flight today to intercept the ILS, pushing APPR had no effect at all. As you mentioned I recycled the AP and pushed APPR again. I got "APPR LOC1" afterwards and it followed the ILS.

Thanks for the hint.

Regards, Perry

Coming in from a longer flight today to intercept the ILS, pushing APPR had no effect at all. As you mentioned I recycled the AP and pushed APPR again. I got "APPR LOC1" afterwards and it followed the ILS.

Thanks for the hint.

This should not be hope Carenado has not moved on and intends to release another SP

Rich Sennett

No, that was just a hint, how to cope in the meantime.

I wrote them my observations. A few points they did not see as mistakes. But they said they gonna review the ILS system and check the direct-to navigation of the FMS.

Regards, Perry

To prepare for the ILS After SP 1.2: It says VOR2 now next to PRESET on the PFD. Change that to VOR1 yellow knob (NAV/BRG) and tune in the ILS frequency in the FMS. When it gets a valid signal it changes to LOC1 and you can activate and display it by pressing PRESET. Make sure the course is set with the CRS1 knob.

Regards, Perry

I cannot get APPR to work under any conditions. I can get VOR1 & 2 but I can never a get a Glideslope. Very frustrating.

I cannot get APPR to work under any conditions.  I can get VOR1 & 2 but I can never a get a Glideslope.  Very frustrating.

Hallow Sorry Iam new n this forum so I would like if someone can help me, I fly the Hawker 850 from from Carenado, I installed the the Telluride Orbx airport but I have a problem. Whenever i land the cabin altitude alarm goes off, this also happens when I turn on the batteries before taking off from Telluride. The avionics alarm also goes off and there is no way to turn it off. I’ve tried everything, activating and deactivating the MAIN AIR VALV or deactivating the PRESSN OVRD switch from auto to manual. Also try with Citation CJ 2 was perfect but the Hawker no working and There´s is no way to turn off the alarm, could someone please tell me if there is a glitch with the plane or the airport? Thanks 

This same post has been entered elsewhere in this forum and answered..

Bert