Sign in to follow this  
PJAMES

I dunno if I'll purchase this jet... not encouraging chatter here

bummed out a lot of bad comments, patches needed etc... you guys are all trying to fix and ammend what sounds like it could be a great product but wasn't completed properly, if I am reading all this right or not.. but as much as I'd love to help you all with flying it and general corp. jet ops all around, I don't want to spend my valuable time fixing, tweaking instead of flying it.... maybe I'm wrong here, hope so but for now at least I'll bow out of this one I'm afraid..... Peter

It's a continuing source of amazement to me re the extreme range of opinions on this aircraft and others. Makes you wonder if we are all talking about the same plane. Were their some glitches when it first came out? Yes. Fine. SP1 has cured most of them. Is the plane a perfect representation of the Hawker 850XP. No. Not many FSX planes are. Is it a good representation, fun to fly, and educational on some new systems? Yes. I bought the plane after SP1 and have had virtually no trouble with it. Through several flights, the FMS flight plan was followed accurately including the descent. The AP captured the glideslope normally and held it until touchdown. Are there some procedural differences? Yes. If you have had even a modicum of flightsim experience they are not hard to figure out even with the modest amount of documentation from Carenado. I am enjoying the Hawker and happy to have it in my hanger.

It's a continuing source of amazement to me re the extreme range of opinions on this aircraft and others. Makes you wonder if we are all talking about the same plane. Were their some glitches when it first came out? Yes. Fine. SP1 has cured most of them. Is the plane a perfect representation of the Hawker 850XP. No. Not many FSX planes are. Is it a good representation, fun to fly, and educational on some new systems? Yes. I bought the plane after SP1 and have had virtually no trouble with it. Through several flights, the FMS flight plan was followed accurately including the descent. The AP captured the glideslope normally and held it until touchdown. Are there some procedural differences? Yes. If you have had even a modicum of flightsim experience they are not hard to figure out even with the modest amount of documentation from Carenado. I am enjoying the Hawker and happy to have it in my hanger.

Agreed.

The 'extreme range of opinions' actually reflect the reality of this product. It has potential to be an awesome model, unfortunately there are still too many bugs that need to be fixed.

Replying to the OP. If (big IF)

1. Carenado will release an SP2 and

2. the guys here keep working on some tweaks

I am pretty confident that the Hawker can become an enjoyable bird to fly. Now, if you're looking for a 100% modeled aircraft at A2A, RealAir or Milviz level, this product is definitely not for you.

It's a continuing source of amazement 

Agreed.

The 'extreme range of opinions

If it works so good would you mind sharing your before capture of GS and after procedure - I would really like to see that

Rich Sennett

Re the Capture of GS. It works pretty much like every other aircraft. Tune NAV 1 to the ILS frequency, insure LOC1 is selected and approach the glideslope from below at  a 30 degree angle or less. When in range click the APPR button. Once the GS is captured, add final notch of flaps and gear. Adjust the throttle to hold it. Should function properly unless you are reading your charts incorrectly.

Re the extreme range of opinions. The product is what it is. The opinions are based on the perceptions of the individual user and the type of flight simmer he is and his experience. Some like to just fire up the aircraft and go fly. Other are more in the middle and deal with navigation elements and flight control considerations. Still others have to spray air freshener in the cockpit before flipping every switch and making every radio call. The point is that one mans meat is another mans poison and neither should affect the decision to purchase or bypass the product. You just have to wade through the clutter of information/misinformation and decide for yourself if the aircraft will suit your particular needs. For some it will. For some it wont.

Re the Capture of GS. It works pretty

Hi Buf - I have done what you have said to do when you get a chance can you explain this "approach the glideslope from below at  a 30 degree angle or less. When in range click the APPR button" for KPVD ils runway 23 - what altitude for glidescope and at what range do I hit APPR - thanks

Rich Sennett

guys, is this on par with any Eaglesoft release? I have made great strides with their Citation X, and really enjoy it... if it's not even close, then I for sure won't bother with it (I am slightly addicted to Train Simulator lately, so my $$ has been going to that, with my last FSX SE purchase being the ifly NG ..which I do love...) I have since given up X-Plane after FSX SE came out.... it's all running great on my 4 year old laptop, however I still have to ask....

are frame rates steady or jerky? As good as PMDG or Ifly? Or similar to Eaglesoft FR (without causing an attack here, you know what I mean).... or as poor performance as let's say the Flight 1 Mustang... help!

guys, is this on par with any Eaglesoft release

FPS are excellent in the Hawker 60 to 65 all the time - but I have no real experience with Eaglesoft even though I bought it - sorry

Rich Sennett

Richard

According to the chart for rwy23 at KPVD, you should intercept the GS at wpt CUSKA at an altitude of 1900 ft. This point is 5.7 miles from  rwy 23 at an angle of 227 degrees. If you are at or slightly below 1900 ft and within 30 degrees either side of 227 and tuned to 109.3 you should be OK.

Richard

According to the chart for rwy23 at KPVD, you should intercept the GS at wpt CUSKA at an altitude of 1900 ft. This point is 5.7 miles from  rwy 23 at an angle of 227 degrees. If you are at or slightly below 1900 ft and within 30 degrees either side of 227 and tuned to 109.3 you should be OK.

Thanks Buddy - wow 1900 ft at 5.7 miles away - man thats low - I usually try at 2,900 ft at 9 miles out - any ideas what buttons I should be hitting to follow fms plan as nav is not doing anything to follow plan ? thanks so much for that info very interesting

Rich Sennett

guys, is this on par with any Eaglesoft release?

No, it's not.

Carenado have made a great looking aircraft. It flies like I would expect an 850XP to fly, but systems-wise it's not even in the same ballpark as Eaglesoft's Citation X.

If you can look past the (Very) lite system simulation and some embarrassingly obvious bugs, this can be a fun aircraft to fly. 

I've had fun with it, but I knew what I was getting into beforehand.

DB

well I still enjoy the default LR45 often enough (with some sound mods) and control when using takeoff thrust (near 80% only is normal in that thing for N1, little more for N2)... so maybe it's worth it.

I'm more into visuals from the cockpit, good sounds and nice hand flying than I am into systems now anyways.... (I have to do real systems in the jet I fly for work so I really don't crave it on a sim anymore)

(I have to do real systems in the jet I fly for work so I really don't crave it on a sim anymore)

Wish I had that problem - here I sit in an office job - want to trade jobs  :p0504:

Rich Sennett

Just to add my two cents worth...... I started a thread here a couple of weeks ago about how Carenado was censoring and deleting comments on FB. We all have had a healthy dose of different opinions on the subject. However, I also stated that I own a few Carenados, phenom, PC12, Citation, etc, and was looking very much forward to the Hawker hoping that it would be different this time in terms of bugs, etc.

That was obviously not the case when it came out or even after SP1. However, thanks to many people here, and Bert being the first name that comes to mind, it has now become a very real possibility that I may be buying the Hawker.

Bert, I wish you would demand some sort of compensation from Carenado. You would have an infinite number of witnesses to support your claim.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Bert, I wish you would demand some sort of compensation from Carenado. You would have an infinite number of witnesses to support your claim.

I don't think Bert will ever demand any compensation. If I get him right, he's not the kind of guy who does what it does for money.

On the other side, it would be definitely nice if Carenado would simply consider his and others' inputs and implement them in their next SP.

I maintain that the Hawker has still the potential to become a very enjoyable bird after some fixes and tweaks. Provided that you do not expect anything at A2A level, though.