Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Pacific Northwest: Bowerman to Orcas Island

1968bb.jpg

As the weather over the Olympic Nat. Park isn’t the best, we decide to fly along the coast

24c5ab.jpg

3819dc.jpg

4c705b.jpg

595486.jpg

6.jpg

Crossing the Strait of Juan de Fuca

7.jpg

Beautiful San Juan Islands

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice shots.  Photo scnery+ORBX or just ORBX?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Sorry, I forgot to mention that, MSE2 photo-scenery plus ORBX

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Great shots.

Just curious, but in what way are MSE and ORBX combined? Arent those two of the same changes to the scenery, when installing the second, wouldnt it overwrite the first?

Cheers!

Maarten

Love that Crescent Bay shot and the wonderful ORBX airports. The big Beechcraft really looks good!

HLJAMES

Sweet!! :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice shots using both Orbx and photoscenery.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice shots? do you use sweet FX?

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Thanks a lot gents for your kind comments. It's appreciated

Great shots.

Just curious, but in what way are MSE and ORBX combined? Arent those two of the same changes to the scenery, when installing the second, wouldnt it overwrite the first?

I have ORBX PNW activated and place the MSE2 scenery below, so that the ORBX airports (freeware and payware) for that scenery show up. The PNW ORBX scenery will not show up, or only in places that are not covered by MSE, such as the parts of BC that are covered by ORBX PNW. If I place MSE above ORBX, the ORBX airports don't look very good, at least not on my FSX system. Even when placed below, you can still find some small misalignments around some airports, but at least for me it's a small inconvenience for having the best of both worlds: real world scenery for flying and wonderful ORBX airports with full autogen, when you need to refuel and plan to have your cup of coffee :-) 

I haven't tried it in other ORBX full fat regions yet, but at least in PNW it seems to work nicely. I think it should work that way also in other areas. The next one I am going to try is the ORBX payware Tahoe airport with MSE Lake Tahoe Ultra Res. below. Should be interesting 

Nice shots? do you use sweet FX?

No, I just hit the "V" key and convert the pics into jpeg after I have made them a bit smaller with a photo-editor

Nice trick, Bernd. I'll have to remember that one :)

Cheers!

Maarten

Wow, I have MSE for Washington and Oregon and never knew you could still use the Orbx PNW airports in conjunction with it, simply by having them active, above MSE ...... excellent!  Going to try this. :)

Great pics too!

Good luck with it, Craig. If it works for me it should work for you too  :smile: