Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk65

FMC COROUTE Load Error

Started to recently have an issue with my 747X, they never used to happen.  I tried to completely uninstall all PMDG Software and start fresh, however the problem persist. 

When I load my FMC with POS INT and select the appropriate DEP APT and ARR APT and then select my COROUTE from a previously planned flight plan from PFPX or Sim-Brief (doesn't matter), the plan loads with all way points and legs correctly, however the Route Page remains to only have DIRECT and nothing else.  If I add my SID and STAR it completely adjusts the Route Page to show the DEP, but then goes direct to the ARR.

Therefore I currently have to load the Route Page manually via the ATC Route provided. 

In the past once you loaded everything and selected EXEC, it would load both the Route and Leg Pages together. 

I currently am up to date on all NAV DATA.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks and have a nice day!

Kris!

Hi Kris,

If I understand this correctly, are you saying that having loaded in a Company route and then you enter the SID and STAR on the ground, the enroute legs are all deleted leaving you with just the SID and STAR in the FMC?

Let me try this out with a previously generated Simbrief route.

Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

What format is your saved flight plan in?

The 747 requires the older *.rt2 format, rather than the current *.rte.

The 747 requires the older *.rt2 format, rather than the current *.rte.

However, when I manually enter a route and save it through the CDU, it is saved as, for example, EDDFCYYZ001.rte.

Dugald Walker

I have saved it via both formats and it continues to have issues loading.

Running the sim as an admin?

Also, full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I am running the Sim in ADMIN Mode, if required I could do screen shots of each stage of the FMC Programming?

Kristopher Plummer

Yes I am running the Sim in ADMIN Mode, if required I could do screen shots of each stage of the FMC Programming?

Kristopher Plummer

Exactly the same for me. Legs load correctly from a COROUTE but the route page does not show it as it would if I entered it manually. When I add DEP and ARR these show up on the route page normally.

I ignore it as I don't use the RTE page to edit the route. So the incorrect display doesn't matter in practice. I don't have a means to generate a route in RT2 format to check if that loads correctly.

ki9cAAb.jpg

This website generates company routes in RT2 format:

http://www.bleedair.de/company-route-generator.html

If I load the RT2 format route in the 747 the RTE pages display correctly as well as the LEGS pages. Oceanic waypoints must be in the 5 character ARINC 424 format and you need to include DCT for direct legs.

If you then save it in the CDU it is saved as an RTE file and can be reloaded like that. However the 747 FMC doesn't seem to like RTE files that it hasn't generated itself. The format and contents are slightly different.

ki9cAAb.jpg

That's fine if you have PFPX. Not everybody does.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I was referring to the OP's post

select my COROUTE from a previously planned flight plan from PFPX