Sign in to follow this  
neucoas

Stock Maule M7, is out there something similar?

I'm really enjoying the Defaul maule M7 as a STOL aircraft, specially the Ski version.

But i wanted to know if there is a freeware/payware version of the Maule.

Thanks

Cheers :)

N.-

a super cub might be a better option for STOL

http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCub_basepage.htm

That one has floats and ski's etc, but my favorite is :

http://www.flight-replicas.com/SuperCubUltrapkg.htm

It's got better performance and can land in even tighter conditions but there is no float or ski 

The graphics are OK but it's the flight model that really shines through , if louver ever watched the videos on YouTube wishing you could balance it on the wheels and pivot it around or takeoff in 100ft then this will be a big enjoyment for you.

The default Maule got me into bush flying, and holds a special place in my memory. It's really not too bad of a plane for being default. Nobody's done a payware Maule unfortunately, but the Real Air Scout serves a similar niche of STOL bush flying with instrumented panel, and became my go-to option for that category of flight.  Still, it ain't a Maule... and it'd be nice to see one developed to a high standard of quality with realistic dynamics.  

I pick up this one from the Simviation site.

M7-260 Amphibian
26.56Mb (15353 downloads)
M7-260 Amphibian Maule FSX /Acceleration /Xp /Tested "Fly it out of the hanger" STOL flight in a amphibian VC /2D / choice of 2 sets of gauges , Appolo / Bendix King Model By Mikko Maliniemi. Updated By the Nor-Cal Prop Club

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Wait, let me get this straight...you enjoy a default aircraft but the fact that it is a default aircraft spoils the fun so you want essentially the same thing with the same functionality from another developer?

This is like telling your wife that you need a divorce because you need to go after her monozygotic twin sister.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Lol, no. I want something without blurry textutes and better graphics/FDE if its possible.

And yes i have tryed the textures fix, but didnt work for me.

Whats the point of buying a payware cessna if you enjoy the default one? Because you'd like to have something better

N.-

Wait, let me get this straight...you enjoy a default aircraft but the fact that it is a default aircraft spoils the fun so you want essentially the same thing with the same functionality from another developer?

Well, the fact that it stalls like a feather floating to the ground limits the fun for me personally. I'm not a huge fan of blurry gauges either, but the default FDEs are particularly disappointing. It severely limits the challenging aspect of STOL when there are no repercussions for making bad decisions or inputs. Not to mention what a more realistic side slip model can do for short fields. 

The default Maule got me into bush flying, and holds a special place in my memory. It's really not too bad of a plane for being default. Nobody's done a payware Maule unfortunately, but the Real Air Scout serves a similar niche of STOL bush flying with instrumented panel, and became my go-to option for that category of flight.  Still, it ain't a Maule... and it'd be nice to see one developed to a high standard of quality with realistic dynamics.  

+1 here.

I love my RealAir Scout.  It's my "go-to" aircraft, but I've got to put in a word for the default Maule.  It and the Beaver are very nice aircraft for circa 2005.

Just as an interesting aside.  I was at SZP last week and met a Scottish gentleman with a new Maule M4-180V in the yellow livery.  It was a two seater with the old style tail.  Very lovely.  Apparently Maule was looking at the M4 with a Rotax but couldn't meet the LSA standards weight spec.

Lol, no. I want something without blurry textutes and better graphics/FDE if its possible.

And yes i have tryed the textures fix, but didnt work for me.

Whats the point of buying a payware cessna if you enjoy the default one? Because you'd like to have something better

Well, the fact that it stalls like a feather floating to the ground limits the fun for me personally. I'm not a huge fan of blurry gauges either, but the default FDEs are particularly disappointing. It severely limits the challenging aspect of STOL when there are no repercussions for making bad decisions or inputs. Not to mention what a more realistic side slip model can do for short fields. 

You guys ever thought about fixing these shortcomings yourselves?

Really crazy thought, I know, but textures and flight dynamics are editable...

Im not an aircraft developer, i just want to buy/download and fly.

I dont have time and i dont know how to fix the textures or create a better FDE.

If you know how to do it and want, i will be a great contribution for the community. ;)

N.-

Does a Formula 1 driver make changes to his car, no, he tells someone he doesn't like how it performs and they fix. The OP is only asking for a better plane than the default. This hobby is involved enough and then add modding, when there may be what he is looking for anyways?

Im not an aircraft developer, i just want to buy/download and fly.

I dont have time and i dont know how to fix the textures or create a better FDE.

If you know how to do it and want, i will be a great contribution for the community. ;)

I'm busy enough with other projects that will be ignored because they don't come with a pricetag. :P

Does a Formula 1 driver make changes to his car, no, he tells someone he doesn't like how it performs and they fix. The OP is only asking for a better plane than the default. This hobby is involved enough and then add modding, when there may be what he is looking for anyways?

This isn't F1.

+1.  The default Maule's flight model is just plain BAD at the edges of the envelope... not to mention the crazy ground behavior experienced when you put it on skis.  The FR Super Cub or the Scout would be much better bush options.