Sign in to follow this  
rbgomes

NGX and IvAp => 2 annoying issues

That is EXACTLY when this is happening: ON THE GROUND at the airport corresponding to the METAR. Other examples were so just for Steffan to understand. No ofense on saying this is a bug and likewise I will not be offended if the mistake is mine. The goal is not to set blame, but solve my problem. Thanks.

If it's on the ground, I'd take a hard look at your weather program/settings. Online network programs aren't known to be the best (FSInn has that notorious temperature issue, of note).

I'm willing to bet that if you put yourself in another aircraft - not made by us - you're going to see the same thing.

See, maybe I should had posted 2 threads...

All works FINE with 777 on TCAS. It does not work with 737NX. How can the problem be with iVaP or FSX ?

Sorry - got confused with your point here, since it was somewhat ambiguous which part of my post you were referring to.

The Intro Manual covers this with the following text:

PAGE 6/9 – ND
• TCAS 3NM RANGE RING: Display 3nm range ring with TCAS.
• OTHER TRAFFIC: This toggle allows you to choose whether TCAS only shows you proximate traffic (realistic) or shows you all traffic in your vicinity. (Not realistic but convenient for online flying!)
• Range: Allows you to manually change the display range for TCAS traffic. (Useful for online fly-ins if you need to limit the number of aircraft displayed on the screen.)  We recommend leaving this set to 40nm.
• ALT SEPARATION: Allows you to manually de-clutter traffic that is above/below you. (Useful for online fly-ins if you need to limit the number of aircraft displayed on the screen.)  We recommend leaving this set to 2800FT.

A search of 'TCAS' would've yielded that as the third result. Note the OTHER TRAFFIC setting.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi. You may want to check if you have any particular options in FSUIPC, it could influence the qnh. Please bear in mind that ivao weather servers are often offline, that might be the cause of your problem too.

As for the TCAS... check that you have selected show all in the pmdg simulation options in the CDU.

Once you turn the xpdr to the last detent and press TFC on the efis, you should see ta only in blue on the ND while on the ground and TFC while airborne.

If it's there, the tcas works. Still, the tcas shows traffic closer than 20 nm, while ivao's tcas goes as far as 40 nm.

Fabrizio Barbierato

CLX319_zps10aeywtl.pngECN0550.png

Hi. You may want to check if you have any particular options in FSUIPC, it could influence the qnh. Please bear in mind that ivao weather servers are often offline, that might be the cause of your problem too.

As for the TCAS... check that you have selected show all in the pmdg simulation options in the CDU.

Once you turn the xpdr to the last detent and press TFC on the efis, you should see ta only in blue on the ND while on the ground and TFC while airborne.

If it's there, the tcas works. Still, the tcas shows traffic closer than 20 nm, while ivao's tcas goes as far as 40 nm.

Hello Fabrizio, thanks.

As for traffic, I always had the settings to SHOW ALL, both on 777 and 737. Still intrigued why it works with IVAO with 777 and not with 737. 

As for weather... another intriguing situation. I have experimented a little the past couple of days with FSUIPC and to no avail. I am thinking about testing ASN, but I am afraid of the frame rate drop...

Thanks for your input!