I wouldn't considering anything other then the Samsung Evo's. I see little point untill benchmarks show another winner. I have FSX, Windows and a few other games all on the same SSD. I'm not sure how much extra you would get from installing FSX on a separate SSD. I can't say I have any worries about load times on mine though. However, it really depends on how big your FSX install is. So far, mines pretty small. However, GTA 5 did consume a huge amount along with BioShock Infinite and Far Cry 3 so already it's being pushed and will need to buy a separate games SSD soon, but it will be for games, not exclusive FSX. That's only because of space though. If money is an issue, get the biggest Samsung Evo you can afford, put Windows and FSX on it (and any other games or Apps you want if there is space left) and leave the rest on your HDD. You can purchase a second SSD at a later date

Do I still need to defrag SSHD?

Thanks,

Dirk.

If it's still a HDD then yes. But unless money is a real factor here, I wouldn't bother, go with an SSD. Unless you only use FSX, all applications will benefit, including Windows

If it's still a HDD then yes. But unless money is a real factor here, I wouldn't bother, go with an SSD. Unless you only use FSX, all applications will benefit, including Windows

Samsung 500Gb 850EVO or even Crucial M500 then.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I personally would go with the Samsung as they win in the benchmarks, I bought the 840 as that was the latest at the time, but you'll see a benefit from either. The thing that shocked me the most was from pushing the on button to windows lock screen in 7 seconds

Do I still need to defrag SSHD?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Yes. The downside to SSHD is that it is still a HDD. It has a small SSD portion that constantly adjusts what's on it. The SSD portion doesn't contain files. It just contains copies of certain data blocks of your HDD you accessed most frequently lately. It has no idea of what that data is. Just that you regularly read that data often, so lets cache it.