Sign in to follow this  
blahhhblahhh

Some questions about the HP850xp

Hi,

A lot of interrogations about this aircraft, if someone could help me ;)

- Do we need to keep the fuel pumps ON during the cruise?
- Is the APR system dummy for takeoff and landing?
- Is the engines sync feature simulated?
- Does someone understood differences between GS vs VGS and VS vs VVS AP modes?

Thanks for your help.

Bonus question: when I update the Navigraph data (cycle 1505), approaches and stars seem to be wrong (for both h850xp and s550, but everything is correct in pmdg airplanes).
Do you also notice this?

Well... VGS doesn't exist in the real aircraft... that would be a big difference. VVS means it's VS hold mode with VNAV active. Everything else... well, no... the systems aren't modeled so it really doesn't matter at all.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Well... VGS doesn't exist in the real aircraft... that would be a big difference. VVS means it's VS hold mode with VNAV active. Everything else... well, no... the systems aren't modeled so it really doesn't matter at all.

Ed no vertical glide scope - so is this why Carenado Hawker does not descend when GS  captured ? if so no wonder its not working - thats fine but need to know one way or the other - thanks

Rich Sennett

Ok... V means nothing but the fact VNAV is active. VNAV can NOT EVER BE ACTIVE when G/S is active. EVER.

G/S means vertical glideslope... after all, there's no such thing as a lateral glideslope. :wink:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok... 

"G/S means vertical glideslope... after all, there's no such thing as a lateral glideslope"

Yes but has this been modeled in Carenado hawker ? I'm not sure as I have not seen it work yet

Rich Sennett

"G/S means vertical glideslope... after all, there's no such thing as a lateral glideslope"

Yes but has this been modeled in Carenado hawker ? I'm not sure as I have not seen it work yet

I can't find anything modeled, to be honest. Even the default aircraft autopilots perform more predictably than this.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I can't find anything modeled, to be honest. Even the default aircraft autopilots perform more predictably than this.

Ah great Ed - thank you - thats not good - I cant understand why Carenado has been doing this a long time Biz Jet or not - They get the basic concept and these are the basic expected things that should work - hope they are tightening this up been very quiet on the Hawker side of things on Their site - keeping the faith luv the feel and looks of the bird

Rich Sennett

Oops, I misread, it was VGP.
I've checked the xml code of the pfd and I found the following vertical modes:

GS
VS
ALTS
FLC
ALT
PTCH
VALTV
VALTS
VVS
VGP
VFLC
VALT
VPTCH

Conditions for VGP mode:
((A:HSI CDI needle valid, bool) (A:NAV HAS GLIDE SLOPE:1, bool) (A:NAV HAS GLIDE SLOPE:2, bool) or and (L:FMC_VNAV_ENABLED) and)

So it's just a captured GS following mode when vnav was activated...

Anyway, It'll be great if Carenado provides us a documentation....

humm, you're right... VS/GS/PTCH/FLC seem to do not work properly for me. but maybe im wrong...

PTCH: the plane go down to the ground.

GS: the glidescope is captured but almost never followed properly.

VS: Don't respect the altitude set thru the FGP

FLC: too laggy....

So this Hawker is even worst than the Citation S550?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

So this Hawker is even worst than the Citation S550?

3d modeling/texturing : awesome as always

system modelling: everything is dummy (like all carenado's birds?)

flight behavior: I don't know, i'm not a pilot (but easy to flight)

maybe something i don't understand with the ap...

the good point is the fms: we still cannot load/save flightplans but I noticed no bug (not like the s550).

A VGP is for an RNAV approach, not an ILS which has a GS.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Yes... VGP is different. It requires VNAV and a GPS approach with vertical guidance... not just RNAVs.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You are correct. I meant RNAV (GPS). The aircraft I fly our only RNAV capabilities is GPS and I am use to calling them that.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Thanks you guys for explications about the VGP mode, I'll sleep less stupid tonight.

Also I've tried to tweak the autopilot section of the aircraft.cfg file in order to get the GS/FLC vmode working properly.
I've found some values which seem to be working fine for default FSX aircrafts, and they also seem to be perfect for the hawker:

//gs_proportional_control=9.520000
//gs_integrator_control=0.260000
//gs_derivative_control=0.000000
//gs_integrator_boundary=0.700000
//gs_derivative_boundary=0.000000
gs_proportional_control=14.0
gs_integrator_control=0.65
gs_derivative_control=0.00
gs_integrator_boundary=0.70
gs_derivative_boundary=0.00

Now, they are no more lag using the FLC mode and the autopilot follow the GS path successfully.

Maybe these values have to be adjusting finely but this is better anyway.

ps: Sorry for my poor english