Sign in to follow this  
blahhhblahhh

Some questions about the HP850xp

To bad my favorite Carenado doesn't work - still hoping they have not forgot about Us

They will maybe get back to the Hawker after the Aero commander is released, did they ever finish the S550 ? if not then the Hawker is probably as good as it is going to get.

They will maybe get back to the Hawker after the Aero commander is released, did they ever finish the S550 ? if not then the Hawker is probably as good as it is going to get.

Oh boy thats not good

Rich Sennett

On the real aircraft, fuel boost pumps would normally be turned on before engine start, and left on until after shutdown, but I don't believe it makes a difference one way or the other in the Carenado emulation.

By contrast, the ignition switches on the real aircraft do NOT have to be switched on for starting. The igniters will fire automatically during the start sequence until the engine is stabilized at idle.

The main purpose of the switches is to provide continuous ignition for flameout protection during takeoff and landing , or when flying in heavy precip or in icing conditions.

However, in the Carnado version, the engines will not start if the ignition switches are off.

Makes you wonder, did they lose the manuals while they were building this simulation ;)

It's as if they improvised using a screenshot of the instruments as a reference lol

Oh boy thats not good

They almost never go back to older releases.

Carenado's modus operandi is to introduce improvements or new systems modelling or fixes in subsequent planes. On the other hand they are also more inclined to accept and suggest optional community made patches to their existing aircraft than many other developers.

I'm sure SP2 will be it.

The rest is up to us if we want it fixed. But also we can't always expect and rely on Bert to be providing fixes, as appreciated as they are.

Anyone know where I/we can get hold of a copy of the Collins Pro Line 21 Pilots Guide. It's completely separate from the Operating Manual but has lots of good info I'm sure. It's around $600 from Rockwell but I'm getting the impression you need to be an owner or operator to buy one.

Second hand would be good. Nothing on eBay, yet...

Also, are there instructions about how to do quotes etc? I cannot do it for some reason, and until today, trying to would make IE lock up.

Christopher Allan

Anyone know where I/we can get hold of a copy of the Collins Pro Line 21 Pilots Guide.

It won't help you with Carenado's Pro Line 21, not even close

It won't help you with Carenado's Pro Line 21, not even close

not close, but is not bad at all...I'm mean, it can't be flown with default FSX planner, that's a big step...

not close, but is not bad at all...I'm mean, it can't be flown with default FSX planner, that's a big step...

Not bad at all? It's not even resembling a PL21 in it's current behavior. I'd say that's bad. I mean, I love the visual appearance of the aircraft... but the systems/avionics doesn't qualify for 'not bad at all'. I had hopes that they'd do a better job, but I was mistaken.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Not bad at all? It's not even resembling a PL21 in it's current behavior. I'd say that's bad. I mean, I love the visual appearance of the aircraft... but the systems/avionics doesn't qualify for 'not bad at all'. I had hopes that they'd do a better job, but I was mistaken.

Well, we have all different opinions, but..."in tastes sorts are broken", for me is not bad at all...

I've flown almost 103 hours on it, full FMS, VNAV works nice, ILS works nice too, I added autothrottle, fully compatible with all my Saitek cockpit setup, what PMDG and others can't, scrolling or clicking a mouse for almost everything, and just use the yoke (or joystick) for takeoff and land is not my cup of tea, it does work with the Citation too, I'm happy with my purchase...but I repeat it again: "in tastes sorts are broken"...

Well, we have all different opinions, but..."in tastes sorts are broken", for me is not bad at all...

If it works so good why is there not one decent tutorial on this aircraft ?

Rich Sennett

You can try this one...

Thanks but Dave was just trudging thru in flight - a proper tutorial is needed - nice video for start-up but not for flight following and a proper GS capture

Rich Sennett

Thanks but Dave was just trudging thru in flight - a proper tutorial is needed - nice video for start-up but not for flight following and a proper GS capture

Ok, well you should wait for someone to upload it...

Ok, well you should wait for someone to upload it...

Check all the time :)

Rich Sennett

For some reason quote function does not work$&*$@!!!. I cannot paste anything or share anything in my posts, other than what I type.

@Glynn - Sorry, I should have explained that I am looking for specific information about how the real Pro Line 21 is supposed to look and work. There are a number of us slowly concocting modifications to the various XML files and I am looking for accurate reference material.

Christopher Allan