Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

HD Mesh Scenery v3 - Himalaya released!

hdv3_himalaya_medium.jpg

A new addition to the successful donationware HD Mesh Scenery v3 series has been release. This time, covering the top of the world, the Himalaya "region"!
All usual "attributes" of the already existing HD Mesh Scenery v3 apply here too.

Special topics to be noted:

• coverage is 6 "big tiles" (6.3 Gbytes), but not entire 10x10 degree areas. The covered area extends: from 70E to 100E, and 24N to 38N!
  • data used comes from a GLCN project (and this also shows, which area has high res landclass data): http://www.glcn.org/databases/hima_landcover_en.jsp
  • the Himalaya extension is based on latest (end of April 2015) OSM data

You can download the files via the map here:

Comparison screenshots (before / after) can be found here:

FA-22A_7_HD.jpg

FA-22A_69_HD.jpg

FA-22A_19_HD.jpg

FA-22A_9_HD.jpg

FA-22A_37_HD.jpg

Nice. Now all my simulated flights containing aid for the quake will look nicer. Great job as usual, alpilotx. Keep it coming!

Whoopsy toopsy something I was waiting for , a big thanks Andras.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Oooh, you beauty Andras. I was thinking recently I haven't seen you around the forums lately, and then you come back with presents for everyone!

Thanks as always:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Oooh, you beauty Andras. I was thinking recently I haven't seen you around the forums lately, and then you come back with presents for everyone!

Thanks as always:)

Yes ... indeed this was a surprise action. Especially if you would know, that in the last months I had almost no time left for X-Plane (effectively, I only picked up some experimenting - with the Himalayas - a few weeks ago).

I would also like to use this place to thank for your support ... and ... well, "announce", that my future involvement will be a little bit lower than in the past years (for some private reasons, real life, and also my own priorities changing / moving - and it has nothing to do with the community). This does NOT mean, that I will stop my presence in the community ... its just some "cautioning words" to ask you to not expect anything and be happy if something comes along B).

And now, enjoy the Himalayas!

Yes ... indeed this was a surprise action. Especially if you would know, that in the last months I had almost no time left for X-Plane (effectively, I only picked up some experimenting - with the Himalayas - a few weeks ago).

I would also like to use this place to thank for your support ... and ... well, "announce", that my future involvement will be a little bit lower than in the past years (for some private reasons, real life, and also my own priorities changing / moving - and it has nothing to do with the community). This does NOT mean, that I will stop my presence in the community ... its just some "cautioning words" to ask you to not expect anything and be happy if something comes along B).

And now, enjoy the Himalayas!

Hopefully all is well and you aren't taking time to "work on mobile"!  :-)  ;-)

Thanks for all you do!