Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Is AVSIM undergoing a Denial Of Service attack?!?!?

Same problem here, had it appear within two separate time periods today, I'm in the UK. Happened yesterday once too.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I never realised there was such a large Irish contingent... 

Myself and Propsfan have been canvasing to try and get a third person onto Avsim   :lol:

I live in Cloud Cuckoo Land. All is wonderful here. :blink:

Hope that helps. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I had some problems earlier this morning myself but they quickly went away and the site is working faster than ever now.  Yet we will take a look at it and continue to monitor. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hope that helps.

As about as much as my comment Ron  :rolleyes:

I never realised there was such a large Irish contingent...

Maybe it's another Ryanair publicity stunt?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi, same here,UK, either unable to get on site at all or server busy message, last time unable to get access was 5 mins ago

When it started for me (Sat Morning N. Central US) the site came back with "Database Error" (SQL type) for a few hours following with "Server too busy" coming up occasionally in the following days.   

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Just had no access for the last hour or so. Been like this most of the day. And that despite clearing the cache.

When it started for me (Sat Morning N. Central US) the site came back with "Database Error" (SQL type) for a few hours following with "Server too busy" coming up occasionally in the following days.   

I had that Saturday as well. I wonder if this is being caused by the very warped few, from whom Tom had identified to us...that were always trying entry and havoc.  I know that Jim, and all others, that Tom left in charge, won't let this get a foot-hold, post his passing....that's for sure!

I got a couple of 'server too busy' messages, but got in no problem 10 minutes later, so didn't think a lot of it - assumed it was just congestion.

And I just got on after a few minutes of waiting but been this way or timed out most of today.  Wow! I thought I was the only one. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guys (and ladies),

I've been seeing the same too.  It's fast one moment, then it drags.  I notice the front page is what takes forever to load, sometimes up to 12 seconds.  Then the infamous server error... 

Not sure what's causing it, but we are monitoring and discussing strategy to identify and eliminate the problem.  Thank you for your patience as we sort things out.  It's amazing how much we feel the loss of Tom even more when these sort of things happen.  We used to just be able to say, "Tom, it's broke, help!"

Luckily we have some very knowledgable people who are offering help, and we appreciate all we can get to keep our site safe, secure, and efficient for everyone.

Guys (and ladies),

I've been seeing the same too.  It's fast one moment, then it drags.  I notice the front page is what takes forever to load, sometimes up to 12 seconds.  Then the infamous server error... 

Not sure what's causing it, but we are monitoring and discussing strategy to identify and eliminate the problem.  Thank you for your patience as we sort things out.  It's amazing how much we feel the loss of Tom even more when these sort of things happen.  We used to just be able to say, "Tom, it's broke, help!"

Luckily we have some very knowledgable people who are offering help, and we appreciate all we can get to keep our site safe, secure, and efficient for everyone.

Thank you for the update....hope it just melts away....