Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Is AVSIM undergoing a Denial Of Service attack?!?!?

One or two hiccups yesterday, here in Cape Town, South Afica. Today.. normal!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Of all the years I've worked in systems and networks for online companies, I can recount twice having an issue with a DDOS. The rest of the time it was either web servers and/or database servers having issues or being overloaded, like a run-away process or something. Occasionally I've had problems with the upstream provider(s) having network issues, they where more inter-office connections though. Depends what Avsims upstream circuits are like. If it's multihomed or not

AVSIM was unreachable for me most of yesterday and is still going on today.  Tried to access from several different servers, no joy.

Once logged in, AVSIM running VERY SLOOOOOOOOOOOW...

Once logged in, AVSIM running VERY SLOOOOOOOOOOOW...

For me, AVSIM is running faster than ever so not sure what is slowing you down.  That's a shame as it's no fun surfing on a slow site. 

We see nothing out of the ordinary so not sure what was causing the issues yesterday and, for some, over the weekend but ISIS hackers, the terrorist group, said they planned on sending a message to America on Monday (yesterday) so suspect many ISP's made sure firewalls and other security measures were all set up properly.  The facility that manages our servers probably took extra precautions too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I can confirm, that today there was an long period, where I only got HTTP 503 => Service Unavailable. (also: hello from Finland!)

I can confirm, that today there was an long period, where I only got HTTP 503 => Service Unavailable. (end hello from Finland!)

Interesting since I had little or no problem early this morning but now at 11am US time I recived the same message.  However, I did a search for Avsim and then went to  forums and here I am with no problem.  I have three different computers and have received similar problems.  I am sure it will work itself out...Maybe there many newbies trying the site since FSX-SE has increeased new folks. (?)

I agree with Jim during this log on it is somewhat faster than previous times.  Go fugure

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

It seems to me that it is just the front page which does not reply: forum.avsim.net/page/index.html

Everything else is fine. So, I better use just the basic address: forum.avism.net/

Felix

Just started seeing here, as well.  Can't seem to go from the forums to the main page.

Mid-day and it's 503's all the way.  It seems to have cleared at the moment, but the site loads very slowly even though I'm logged in.  The slow loading has been happening for weeks, but the 503's have only showed up over the past few days.  My ISP is Verizon and I seriously doubt your server provider would have blocked that.

DJ

I must be blessed as I only had one brief access problem on Sunday night (GMT) and it's been fine since.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Logged in this morning west coast Canada, fast as ever, no issues.  Using Shaw high speed internet.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Just had the problem at 10:35 PDT. Tried twice and got 503, but third time everything is fine and fast.

Has been happening for me to and from for at least the past 2-3 years. If re-trying 3-4 times doesn't help, I just try again a couple of hours later.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest JustanotherPilot

Same here in Australia I can only get connected between 3am-6am, lucky I'm an insomniac.