Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Hawker with GTN 750

It's lookin real nice Bert, thanks!

sweetGTN.jpg

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wowsa!  I wish Carenado would grow up with the Hawker.  I have all but dismissed it as another overpriced piece of candy, but Bert, you got me thinking again.  I am desperate for a good business jet in P3D.  Tempting, very tempting... 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I am desperate for a good business jet in P3D.  Tempting, very tempting... 

This is exactly where I was at.

We've got old stuff with excellent systems and flight modelling.  We've got brand new stuff with horrid systems but decent flight modelling.  We are in dire need of a combination of those!

So for now I'm content with the GTN mod.,,  toyish as it may be  :huh:

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is exactly where I was at.

We've got old stuff with excellent systems and flight modelling.  We've got brand new stuff with horrid systems but decent flight modelling.  We are in dire need of a combination of those!

So for now I'm content with the GTN mod.,,  toyish as it may be  :huh:

Hi Ryan - how is the GTN750 capability of a GS capture (aircraft will descend automatically) like an ils approach - thank you  

Rich Sennett

Well it will do normal ils approaches with or without GPS overlay and it will do RNAV GPS approaches with vertical guidance (LPV minimums)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Well it will do normal ils approaches with or without GPS overlay and it will do RNAV GPS approaches with vertical guidance (LPV minimums)

Nice Ryan  :good:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the mods Bert. I've just installed them.

Real Deraps

This looks awesome! But before spending 100$ dollar to this ($50 for the Hawker and $50 for the GTN 750) I have a few questions.

How is the perfmormance with the GTN 750, is it frame rate friendly? Or will it consume very much frames?

And to be sure, is it now possible with this little extra to fly confidently ILS approaches and follow exactly the flight plan from the GTN?

I really would like to buy this beautifull two products but I most be sure that I am buying something that works.

Thank you.

This looks awesome! But before spending 100$ dollar to this ($50 for the Hawker and $50 for the GTN 750) I have a few questions.

How is the perfmormance with the GTN 750, is it frame rate friendly? Or will it consume very much frames?

GTN750 has little to zero impact on your FPS. At least here I can't notice any significant change using or not using it.

And to be sure, is it now possible with this little extra to fly confidently ILS approaches and follow exactly the flight plan from the GTN?

I really would like to buy this beautifull two products but I most be sure that I am buying something that works.

You can fly confidently any ILS approach, provided that you set the PRESET key on your PFD to "LOC1" as navigation source before approach, select the appropriate course on the CRS1 course selector knob and then activate the approach with APPR on your FGP. Adjust speed as appropriate and you're done.

You can fly confidently any ILS approach, provided that you set the PRESET key on your PFD to "LOC1" as navigation source before approach, select the appropriate course on the CRS1 course selector knob and then activate the approach with APPR on your FGP. Adjust speed as appropriate and you're done.

Not to be too picky, but some users seem to find the PRESET key confusing..

The active navigation source is shown in green at the top left of the HSI, and it is also indicated at the top left of the ADI, when the autopilot is in NAV mode.

If you are using GPS or FMS mode to fly the approach, you need to have LOC1 selected in the PRESET (standby) box, and push the Select key next to the standby box to select LOC1 before finals, and then follow the instructions given above.

The ADI will then indicate APPR LOC1.

Bert

Thanks for the quick reply's. Just bought the Hawker 850 and will also soon buy the GTN 750. Awesome combination!

Bert I sent you a PM...

So far I have the GTN 750 just as a popup. 

The autopilot will not couple to the 750 GPS to fly a direct to waypoint. 

However it will couple perectly once I am in aproach mode and a WAAS approach is selected.

I think I have a knob setting or two misplaced; any advice on what I am doing wrong?

THanx in advance...

Donald