Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Hawker with GTN 750

The CJ2+ was discontinued in Q1 2014 with an offer by Cessna to upgrade to Garmin G3000 based flight decks to replace the PL21 system for $1 million (US). (source: http://www.jetaviva.com/market-reports/citation-summer-14.php)

The M2 has always had the G3000 flight deck.

The G3000 flight deck system is a far cry from a GTN750.

Everybody knows GIECO can save you 15% on car insurance. We all know all of that old stuff you posted, tell us something we don't know. Evidently not everyone agrees with your belief that you can't add a GTN or two to existing and older business jet panels. New STC are showing up all the time. Even the basic CJ2 is flying with a GTN750/650 combo and Jet AVIVA sent out a flyer last week hawking a 1985 S550 Citation S/II with dual GTN750s - ready to go. Just under a mil.

I did notice that everyone that posted in this thread is overjoyed with the Carenado H850XP w/Bert's GTN750 mod - except you, of course.

Heck, some of these folks might only want to use them for moving maps or an easy way to WAAS LPV approaches. Who knows? I personally think that is a sweet looking panel, but, then I have always been fond of the S550 S/II Citation. I just like it more with a thoroughly modern panel like this one. Add those new retrofit Williams engines from SIJet.com and . . . .

http://www.jetaviva.com/inventory/listing.php?lid=1443705304

Ray

S550_sml.jpg

Avionics.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Yeah... have to be logged into Facebook to even see what the group is... wouldn't go there.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I did notice that everyone that posted in this thread is overjoyed with the Carenado H850XP w/Bert's GTN750 mod - except you, of course.

Heck, some of these folks might only want to use them for moving maps or an easy way to WAAS LPV approaches. Who knows? I personally think that is a sweet looking panel, but, then I have always been fond of the S550 S/II Citation. I just like it more with a thoroughly modern panel like this one. Add those new retrofit Williams engines from SIJet.com and . . . .

Hi Ray,

just for the records, you can include me in the (apparently very short) list of those who don't like the GTN 750 in a business jet like the Hawker XP850, the Phenom 300 or twin-turboprops with advanced avionics like the King Air C90. As I repeated many times, the GTN 750 in a very nice addon and a game changer in GA aircraft. As a replacement for complex avionics suites like Prodigy G1000 or Proline 21, I find it a poor solution, not to say a toy. We should remind everyone approaching this method that most of problems in Carenado models come from a buggy autopilot and this has very little to do with the navigation suite you embed. In addition, the GTN 750 will cut your VNAV function, which is a primary feature in a complex aircraft. Also, no matter how updated your database is, many approaches in the GTN 750, especially outside US, appear to be either obsolete, inaccurate or oversimplified. Both in South America and Europe I found many examples of this after comparing the same approach available in a navigation system which supports Navigraph to the same approach selected on the GTN 750.  Finally, the chart feature is only available for US and North America. I understand that many of you probably fly most if not exclusively in the US, however this is a severe limitation for a tool which costs 50 dollars. I am not disqualifying it in any way, I love it as long as I use where it is supposed to be installed. I am just trying to point out that any tool has its appropriate use and, in my opinion, the GTN 750 is not suited for such kinds of complex aircraft.

My two cents.

Hugs

Bert saw the video on youtube by FS MaNiA could I please get a copy of the Mod? Thank you for all the work you do!!  

PM sent

Walker,

Would you provide a link to the FSMANIA video with the GTN mod please?

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey Ray, here is part 2 of the video... for the life of me i can't find part 1

Bob McDuff

Hi Ray,

just for the records, you can include me in the (apparently very short) list of those who don't like the GTN 750 in a business jet like the Hawker XP850, the Phenom 300 or twin-turboprops with advanced avionics like the King Air C90. As I repeated many times, the GTN 750 in a very nice addon and a game changer in GA aircraft. As a replacement for complex avionics suites like Prodigy G1000 or Proline 21, I find it a poor solution, not to say a toy. We should remind everyone approaching this method that most of problems in Carenado models come from a buggy autopilot and this has very little to do with the navigation suite you embed. In addition, the GTN 750 will cut your VNAV function, which is a primary feature in a complex aircraft. Also, no matter how updated your database is, many approaches in the GTN 750, especially outside US, appear to be either obsolete, inaccurate or oversimplified. Both in South America and Europe I found many examples of this after comparing the same approach available in a navigation system which supports Navigraph to the same approach selected on the GTN 750.  Finally, the chart feature is only available for US and North America. I understand that many of you probably fly most if not exclusively in the US, however this is a severe limitation for a tool which costs 50 dollars. I am not disqualifying it in any way, I love it as long as I use where it is supposed to be installed. I am just trying to point out that any tool has its appropriate use and, in my opinion, the GTN 750 is not suited for such kinds of complex aircraft.

My two cents.

Hugs

Yeah, your right, in fact I hide in shame when I use my GTN in my biz jets and even close the blinds so no one can catch me using it in my CS 707 or A2A B377.

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yeah, your right, in fact I hide in shame when I use my GTN in my biz jets and even close the blinds so no one can catch me using it in my CS 707 or A2A B377.

That was just my humble opinion, warbirds. I don't understand your sarcasm.

Anyway, no problem.