Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Hawker with GTN 750

On 1/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, scianoir said:

I have installed the GTN750 in the Hawker but in a 2D pop-up window as I personally find that more useful and easier to see on a second monitor than if it is integrated into the panel. However, unlike the many other aircraft on which I have the GTN installed, I have been unable to get the NAV button on the autopilot to sync with the GTN on this aircraft so the only option if flying using the GTN was to follow the course using the HDG button or abandoning the GTN altogether and using the Carenado FMC for what its worth. Any suggestions on what I should do to get the NAV button to work with the GTN would be greatly appreciated?

Bill

Install my GTN mods, which include the fix you are looking for..

Please request via PM, including your email address..

• Upvote 3

Bert

" unable to get the NAV button on the autopilot to sync with the GTN on this aircraft so the only option if flying using the GTN was to follow the course using the HDG button or abandoning the GTN altogether and using the Carenado FMC for what its worth."

same here with the premier 1A for me. It forced me to watch the Carenado Proline 21/FMS tutorials and I still struggle with it. The Premier is a nice well laid out bird and IMHO better than the Phenoms But geez louise ..setting a flight plan-getting it entered and acknowledged by FSX and in my case co-entering it in sky vector before a flight takes forever..I figure I'll get it sooner or later as learning to fly and engine management in the great Royal Turbine Duke V2 Real Air was a hell of a process too. but now I can fly it .. 

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

29 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

" unable to get the NAV button on the autopilot to sync with the GTN on this aircraft so the only option if flying using the GTN was to follow the course using the HDG button or abandoning the GTN altogether and using the Carenado FMC for what its worth."

same here with the premier 1A for me. It forced me to watch the Carenado Proline 21/FMS tutorials and I still struggle with it. The Premier is a nice well laid out bird and IMHO better than the Phenoms But geez louise ..setting a flight plan-getting it entered and acknowledged by FSX and in my case co-entering it in sky vector before a flight takes forever..I figure I'll get it sooner or later as learning to fly and engine management in the great Royal Turbine Duke V2 Real Air was a hell of a process too. but now I can fly it .. 

I you have the GTN750, get my mods for the Premier and forget about Carenado's attempt at the Proline avionics..  :cool:

• Upvote 1

Bert

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I you have the GTN750, get my mods for the Premier and forget about Carenado's attempt at the Proline avionics..  :cool:

Thanks Bert, I may have tried them already. I know I added a gun 750 popup window but the a/p in the Premier didn't recognize it.

I considered the Carenado Proline a challenge with high hopes it was very close to the real thing. but....

I'm guessing your Premier mods are in unofficial Carenado Premier forum threads?

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid our only hope for a decent Proline 21 lies with MilViz or Eaglesoft - - - I believe they both have one in the works...Bert's mods give us the best alternative for what we have to work with in Carenado birds - where you can actually use the equipment for navigation... The fact that Carenado sometimes charges extra for FMC's or Navigraph updates in their faulty equipment is absurd...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

On 30/01/2018 at 4:09 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid our only hope for a decent Proline 21 lies with MilViz or Eaglesoft - - - I believe they both have one in the works...Bert's mods give us the best alternative for what we have to work with in Carenado birds - where you can actually use the equipment for navigation... The fact that Carenado sometimes charges extra for FMC's or Navigraph updates in their faulty equipment is absurd...

Regards,

Scott

At one point I was tempted to get the Carenado Navigraph Extension packages for the Phenom 100 and 300 and for the PA46 Meridian, but I decided against it as I didn't think the Carenado FMCs were up to using them effectively.

Having installed Bert's very generous GTN750 mod in the Hawker, I can see that this is a brilliant substitute for what Carenado provides. Leaving aside the lack of VNAV capability in the GTN, which for me is not a deal breaker, Bert's modification has turned my Hawker 850 from an aircraft which just sat in my hangar for most of the last two years into an aircraft which I will be using a lot as it is now a pleasure to fly.

Bert deserves our gratitude (and that of Carenado) for providing this wonderful modification.

Bill

• Upvote 1

Hey for some reason i cant send messages new to this website but i would love if you still had the mod for the gtn 750 Carenado Hawker that would be amazing. Thanks

Hello tristin-A1

Welcome to the Avsim Forums,    All New members have there posts moderated before being approved 

First I want to say thanks to Bert P for this mod....great work.

I've gone ahead and installed the mod version 3.7 according to the instructions.

I'm using p3d v4.1

Everything seems to be working except for two items....I don't have click spots for the lift dump operation that I thought should be on the pilot's dcp at the far right button..when I put the cursor over it, no click spot.  Additionally, the click spot for the direct to function that I thought should be the top button on the lower right bezel of the mfd doesn't show up either.

I've repeated the install process several times with the same result.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can provide to get at least the lift dump click spot working.....especially since it is hard to look down and use the mouse to move the spoiler lever to the lift dump position while rolling out on the runway after landing.  Thanks very much.

2 hours ago, p3dnerd said:

First I want to say thanks to Bert P for this mod....great work.

I've gone ahead and installed the mod version 3.7 according to the instructions.

I'm using p3d v4.1

I've sent you a PM.. the 3.7 version is for FSX.

Bert

Many thanks to Bert.

I received the version of his mod for P3d v4....installed it....and all worked perfectly.

Kudos to Bert!!!

hi bert a great looking mod you have to put the gtn 750 into the h850xp add something to more to it  , if I send you a PM please could you send your great mod when you get a chance to . thank you

Hi Bert I would  like a copy for install GTN 750 into carenado hawker 850 P3D V4 

Message sent

Edited by alexcunille

22 minutes ago, alexcunille said:

Hi Bert I would  like a copy for install GTN 750 into carenado hawker 850 P3D V4 

Message sent

..and received :cool:

Bert

Tks Bert I loved it, any chance to put GTN 750(2) on the square in the photo, to have let say TCAS on GTN 750 (2) that does work independent from GTN 750 (1)?

Screenshot_34.png