Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Hawker with GTN 750

I've sent you my mods..  The default autopilot does not follow the GTN in NAV mode..

Bert

You need to RTFM

Find the manual in the root folder of your sim under the folder name Carenado, then you'll see the H25B folder, then you'll see a document named Carenado Proline 21 User Manual

Mine looks like this:

B:\Prepar3D v2\Carenado\H25B_H850XP

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

... is the   'GTN750'   Navdata updatable with latest AIRAC cycle ?

thinking about it....

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Navigraph.. No..

But..

There is recently expired 2015 Garmin Navdata available if you ask nicely..  B)

Bert

Burt Did a great job with the GTN 750 mod.  It is a real treat in the Hawker.  Awesome work Burt!   The plane is a real joy to hand fly as well!!  Carenado did a good job with the flight dynamics on the Hawker.  Happy with it now.

Simon

Hi Bert,

Any chance you can send me you Hawker mod to work with GTN750 ?  :rolleyes:

Thank you !

Hi Bert,

Any chance you can send me you Hawker mod to work with GTN750 ?  :rolleyes:

Thank you !

Send me a PM with your email address, requesting the mod..

Bert

Send me a PM with your email address, requesting the mod..

Hello Bert,

You are great to be so willing to share your mod and add to our enjoyment of this aircraft by being able to upgrade it to the outstanding F1 GTN750. With so many asking for it, I know it is a bother for you to have to keep sending it out. It is really nice of you to take the time and offer your mod to anyone who would ask for it.

I've sent you my email address and I also would be so grateful in being able to use your mod to put the GTN750 in Carenado's Hawker.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bert ,I watched the FsMania video yesterday on Youtube, I am very impressed by what I saw. Unfortunately I am one of those who cannot get the XP850 of the ground due to ridiculously low frame rates. I am pretty sure it is not due to my PC not have the  capability to run this aircraft. My i7 based machine has 12gb ram and an Nvidia GTX 970 g/card ,also P3D v2.5 It runs the Majestic Q400 without a problem 35-45 fps. Carenado have been no help whatsoever,maybe they are concentrating on their new Piper twin (or am I being cynical) I would say the Dash 8 is of similar complexity to the 850. I hope that when/if I am able to get into the air with the XP850 I will be able to try your very nice upgrade.

AHAH, manual from carenado, what a joke ;-)

It actually wasn't a joke.  The user asked about info on the DCP.  That IS described in the manual.  

I do agree they have poor operation manuals though...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I got this mod from Bart a while now and must say Hawker became my absolute favorite plane to fly.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Hi Bert ,I watched the FsMania video yesterday on Youtube, I am very impressed by what I saw. Unfortunately I am one of those who cannot get the XP850 of the ground due to ridiculously low frame rates. I am pretty sure it is not due to my PC not have the  capability to run this aircraft. My i7 based machine has 12gb ram and an Nvidia GTX 970 g/card ,also P3D v2.5 It runs the Majestic Q400 without a problem 35-45 fps. Carenado have been no help whatsoever,maybe they are concentrating on their new Piper twin (or am I being cynical) I would say the Dash 8 is of similar complexity to the 850. I hope that when/if I am able to get into the air with the XP850 I will be able to try your very nice upgrade.

If you already own the GTN750, try my mod..

It removes the MFD and FMS from the panel, and may just help your performance.

Bert

I don't have the 850XP (least not yet) because I was disappointed at the "PL21" lite ... I have a Hawker type rating, a few hundred hours in the plane, taught it as a classroom/sim instructor (5 years ago, been on a Gulfstream since) and was a PL21 instructor so I can't tell you how sad I was to learn that this sim bird has a ways to go.

That said, I've come to know Bert a bit (he's saved my butt on more than a few occasions simworld-wise) and I'll say this - anything this guy touches makes whatever he worked on better - this 750 mod is but one example of this.  It's also worth noting that he's one of the nicest guys on any forum anywhere, damn near selfless IMHO.  Just a good egg all around, and I'm glad I've come to know him.

Damn - now I may have to go and get this ensemble just out of tribute  lol

Oh - one thing I noticed just in passing ....

On the copilots MFD the engine info block is great, but in the real bird that's in part where the animated flap indicator resides and for good reason - it's the only actual indication of flap position anywhere in the cockpit.  The mechanical indicator needle next to the flap position switch on the console?  It actually is only indicating the selected flap position, not the flaps actual position believe it or not. 

Dunno if that's a biggie in sim world BUT that's why the left/right MFD upper bars show things a bit differently. 

Still ... from what I can see, a SWEET mod nonetheless. 750 is just a great unit and a must-have in sim ... and Bert's mods of this are works of art.  For those on the fence I'd say go for it ..... you won't be disappointed.  B)