Sign in to follow this  
jzimmermann

P3Dv2.5 Water - Is It Really That Bad?

Thank you. Thats pretty close to FS9 water.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I also love X-Plane's water. But, again, there are people here that think that is wrong too. Who's eyes are right?

^_^ Remind me you created a thread in FSX forum saying X-plane's water is better than FSX and an Admin immediately asked you whether you were trolling.

^_^ Remind me you created a thread in FSX forum saying X-plane's water is better than FSX and an Admin immediately asked you whether you were trolling.

What does that have to do with anything?  I'm not saying one IS better than the other here.  There IS no definitive answer on this because we all see things differently or have different ideas of what real looks like.  So I'm just stating my opinion and also stating that we aren't going to all agree here as to what looks best, as is obviously the case here.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The only gripe I have with it is that the 3D modeled waves are only visible from a relatively low altitude.

The good thing about the P3D waves are that they are actually dependent on wind direction. That might be why getting a good animation to suit is difficult in P3D, E.g. REX wave animation might be oriented differently to actually wind induced wave direction.

I think it looks pretty good

Great shots there David, thanks for posting them!

Cheers,

Jerome