Sign in to follow this  
HLJames

Hilo to Kona, Hawaii

Very nice shots. Personally, I've been flying nothing but Hawaii in my sim for the last couple of months, and am just now thinking of leaving it for other climes!

I use the MSE 2 scenery as well, but only for Oahu. For the other islands, I actually prefer this stuff: http://www.hawaii-photoreal.com/ . Completing it with the brilliant freeware Hawaii airports recently released by George Keogh as well as the FSDT Hawaii packs 1 & 2, and there's no shortage of wonderful spots to fly.

I think I've done 4 (or 5? )full circuits of the islands, stopping at every improved airport. One of the things that makes it such a nice place to fly is the relatively short distance between the airports; makes it perfect for nice little GA hops. Can be some extremely challenging winds on occasion though!

Thank you very much for your comment!.....very interesting resources!

These are stunning. I should not think about that a colleague spents his holidays at these islands just this moment...

Appreciate the comment....start planning!

Looks great.

Many Thanks!

Very Nice Shots!

Your Comment is a Prize!

Great shots. We have a place in Kona and we go every couple of years when work permits. I did that drive around the North side of the island two Christmases ago (is that how you spell it?!?!?)

Anyhoo, you have great scenery showing the Rainy/Tropical side, on to the Waipio Valley, finishing with the "cowboy" country and arid Kailua-Kona.

We're headed back this Christmas holiday. Thanks to you, it can't come soon enough!!! If only I could win the big lotto!!! I'd be there permanently!

Thank you very much....Don't forget those golf clubs!

HLJAMES