Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

FSX, DX10 Fixer and Reshade

Hi Steve,

I have stumbled across this software (looks like very similar to ENB) http:\\reshade.me, and I have seen some FSX screenshots (DX9) that look very promising. The manual claims it is DX10 compatible. I haven't tested it yet but I'd like to know if you are aware of it and have you ever tested with your Fixer.

Thanks

Regards

Ezio

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I have it running in DX10 , but just using the default does not give any effects, you need to download the preset from the website.

I am using the presets from reshade , but somehow I don't find all working. I am looking for a good horizon effect.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I' ll give it a try later on this evening....and see what happens...

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I am using Extreme DX10 from Reshade presets

How do you guys use this without d3d11.dll CTDs?  I tried it once and it seemed every other flight in DX10+Reshare could crash it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

@kyle

After reading your post I was wondering about that dll and so happens that I don't see it in FSX SE folder hmm was my dx10 installed properly I need to check.

I have it running in DX10 , but just using the default does not give any effects, you need to download the preset from the website.

I am using the presets from reshade , but somehow I don't find all working. I am looking for a good horizon effect.

+1

ZORAN

I use the Extreme DX10 preset from Reshade, it is under FSX / page 13 and the sky looks nice , though i still need that horizon

@kyle

After reading your post I was wondering about that dll and so happens that I don't see it in FSX SE folder hmm was my dx10 installed properly I need to check.

d3d11.dll is typically in your Windows folders, not FSX.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I have tested it yesterday on a short flight (slightly more than one hour). I didn't use any preset, as I installed the MasterEffect File (you can see the reference on the manual) which allows you to modify the various effects on the fly and see the results immediately, without quitting and restarting FSX. I didn't see any impact whatsoever on FPS and stability (but I leave the final verdict after a much longer flight). The options are very powerful in terms of visual impact and the possibility to adjust them while you are flying and see the results in real time is excellent.

I had never tried ENB or SweetFX before so I don't have any personal benchmark but this software looks very promising.

Regards 

I have the Mastereffect but my problem is that Reshade is no more working and even after removing it and just using Sweetfx even Sweetfx has stopped working damn.

ReShade will not inject for me. It spits back an error creating an sRGB compatible swap chain and chokes.

Does anyone know how to get the depth buffer of FSX working? I'm trying to enable DOF in dx10 with reshade and all I get is an overall blurry image without focus and when I enable depth buffer output in the mastereffect.h file the screen goes black. MSAA is turned off btw, using SMAA instead.

I also would like to know how to get DOF working in FSX-

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png