Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Help with priority order scenery library

Hi can someone help me arrange my scenery library please? i have aerosoft airports and ukscenery airports and also i have europe UTX installed but i'm not sue what order these should all go in?

Vernon Howells

Layer Cake Ordering

=====================

Layer 1 (top) - Object Libraries such as ORBX LIBS.

Layer 2 - Airport Add-Ons

Layer 3 - Vector Add-ons such as ORBX Vector or UTX 2.0

Layer 4 - Photoreal Terrain or Landclass Texture Addons like MegaSceneryEarth or FTX Global

Layer 5 (Bottom)- Terrain Mesh such as FS Global or FreeMesh.

All the default stuff can sit below all of this.

Use SceneryConfigurationEditor from the SourceForge website to help you order your scenery properly.

If I wasn't at work I'd post a screenshot of what my Scenery Config File looks like.  I'll do it when I get home if the above does not make sense to you but that'll be about 8 hours from this posting.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

So UTX at the top then my addon airports below this?

If you could send a pict that would be great

Vernon Howells

Hi Vernon,

No, UTX goes below your add-on airports. This means if you look at your scenery library, from the top to bottom the priority decreases. I.e. place your airports on the top 1, 2, 3, ... then comes UTX somwhere farther below.

Layer 1 (top) - Object Libraries such as ORBX LIBS.

Layer 2 - Airport Add-Ons

Layer 3 - Vector Add-ons such as ORBX Vector or UTX 2.0

Layer 4 - Photoreal Terrain or Landclass Texture Addons like MegaSceneryEarth or FTX Global

Layer 5 (Bottom)- Terrain Mesh such as FS Global or FreeMesh.

All the default stuff can sit below all of this.

I would place object libraries below the sceneries (regardless landscapes or airports) that require them.

Regards
Frank

Driver, no that doesn't seem right. Re-read what K-man said:

ALWAYS have the `global` mods (inc. landclass & mesh) at the bottom of the GUI, just above the defaults. Then have `regional` scenery above that, then local (addon airports) at or near the top. That's your starting point. There are specific recommended locations for certain addons and libraries after that, but that is the basic setup.

UTX can have several entries and although I don't have it, I'm sure there are clear instructions about where they should sit in the scenery library. If not, just look at the UTX forum or the manual. But UTX should NOT be at the top of the scenery .cfg list in the sim, above airports.

If this is confusing, probably best to just show your scenery .cfg

I will post an image up late tonight of my scenery folder!

I re-arranged it so UTX is below my addon airports. Also the addon scenery folder is below UTX

Vernon Howells

Ok should this be at the top of UTX? And what about my traffic 6 ?

Vernon Howells

Ok should this be at the top of UTX? And what about my traffic 6 ?

MT6 right above Propeller Objects folder. UTX is complex, interwoven with others like Scenery Tech and I believe it is explained in the manual.

Yes, this should work Vernon. With one exception; if you place BGLs from other freeware addon airports into Addon Scenery/scenery they may have issues with properly displaying since UT is above them.
For this reason I place any 3rd party airport addon in separate folders and put them above Vector-like addons (UTX or FTX).

Cheers

Frank

Cheers frank i only use payware airports so i'm all good :)

Vernon Howells

Hey Driver, this is where the confusion comes in. It looks like your talking about the scenery.cfg file and most others all talking about the scenery library in side of FSX. They are kinda opposite.  Usually the number 1 entry in the FSX scenery library is the last entry inside the Scenery.cfg file  IE: last number  :) 

Its the scenery library that i was talking about getting in order?

Vernon Howells

Its the scenery library that i was talking about getting in order?

SceneryConfigurationEditor IS getting your library in order, doing so outside the simulator. I never ever ever EVER use the in-game library menu.   I always do all my scenery configuration/library work out of the sim in the Scenery Configuration Tool.

Looking at your screen cap it appears you have everything in order.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy