Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Bloom with no HDR

I was able to get my Shade program from FSX to work with P3D so I've been messing around with it and the visuals are quite stunning, but I prefer to have HDR off when using it.  I was wondering if bloom is enabled when it is turned off as I don't notice any bloom effect.  If it is enabled, is there an adjustment somewhere to boost the effect a bit?

Thanks!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I was able to get my Shade program from FSX to work with P3D so I've been messing around with it and the visuals are quite stunning, but I prefer to have HDR off when using it.  I was wondering if bloom is enabled when it is turned off as I don't notice any bloom effect.  If it is enabled, is there an adjustment somewhere to boost the effect a bit?

Thanks!

Eric

How did you do it (shade to work)? I am long trying to do it (with MT or without it) with no luck!

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

How did you do it (shade to work)? I am long trying to do it (with MT or without it) with no luck!

Hi - I already had Shade installed for FSX but reinstalled it using EMT (not sure I needed to reinstall it?).  I also enable EMT before running Shade.  Updated the theme and did Set & Forget.  Disabled EMT before running P3D and it works like a charm!  Really looks great in P3D....I'm using the default setting as I like the VC to have a nice dark contrast.  VC shadows look incredible with it using the NGX!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Hi - I already had Shade installed for FSX but reinstalled it using EMT (not sure I needed to reinstall it?).  I also enable EMT before running Shade.  Updated the theme and did Set & Forget.  Disabled EMT before running P3D and it works like a charm!  Really looks great in P3D....I'm using the default setting as I like the VC to have a nice dark contrast.  VC shadows look incredible with it using the NGX!

Dang! I use the same process than you but I always get a P3D crash... it won't even load. BTW I am using HDR off in the sim but been using reshade/sweetfx with great results (with HDR and Bloom effect)... dont know if it will work at the same time as shade. But I guess you could give it a try. (don't forget to clean the shaders dir though).

Regards,

AK

Examples:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxeQnBGTEJ5RGhNRDQ&authuser=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxru_hUFUsxeRVpldndhZlFVMFk&authuser=0

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

You can use reshade to add bloom as you like, with HDR off in P3D.

It's like an extended version of SweetFX and works great in P3D with no noticeable performance hit.

Download link HERE

It's not the most intuitive software, so let me know if you need some help.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10

You can use reshade to add bloom as you like, with HDR off in P3D.

It's like an extended version of SweetFX and works great in P3D with no noticeable performance hit.

Download link HERE

It's not the most intuitive software, so let me know if you need some help.

Do you need SweetFX to use ReShade or can it be used by itself...or in my case, with Mogwaisoft Shade? 

Thanks!

Eric

Reshade includes a modified version of SweetFX, it's very stable and I've not had any problems with it.

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10