Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FDS overhead and pedestal and turning radius modification!

QUESTION 1 anyone with these hardware read below

Ok i'm soon to get the overhead panel, aft overhead panel and the pedestal from flightdeck solutions but my question is - if i switch the guard open ie the batt guard on the FDS panel or any over panel with a guard switch will this then still operate the switch on the NGX ?

QUESTION 2

I'm also going to get the 737 steering tiller does it work well with the NGX ? And has anyone modified the turn radius of the 737 i heard the value isn't actually set right in the aircraft.cfg ?

Vernon Howells

Has anyone modified the aircraft.cfg turn radius during taxi?

Vernon Howells

And has anyone modified the turn radius of the 737 i heard the value isn't actually set right in the aircraft.cfg ?

I have modified the maximum nosewheel angle in aircraft.cfg to the correct value (75 deg according to the FCOM). It's set to 60 by default. The extra steering angle reduced turning radius to a realistic level and improved ground handling a lot and I didn't notice any negative effects during takeoff or landing.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi kevin i did see your name getting mentioned about this MOD, i couldn't find it in the aircraft.cfg?

Vernon Howells

maximum nosewheel angle in aircraft.cfg to the correct value (75 deg according to the FCOM). It's set to 60 by default

I was wondering the same thing as Vernon. I don't see it in the aircraft.cfg file either.

I just went through it twice?

Kevin i beleive you also use the lua friction mod what steps did you do to activate this?

Vernon Howells

I was wondering the same thing as Vernon. I don't see it in the aircraft.cfg file either.

I just went through it twice?

Search for contact_points. The first line is the nose gear and the number 60.0 represents the steering angle. Change that to 75.0 and you are done. Obviously you have to do it for each version.

ki9cAAb.jpg