Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[13MAY15] Intercontinental breakfast, anyone?

I'm very sad that the 747-8 has not enjoyed much success and can't quite see why it is the case. Why have so many A380s sold and the new jumbo has had virtually no takers? Anyway, I'm very excited to see the PMDG 747-8 cockpit, even though I'm pretty sure I'll only be purchasing the -400.

Why have so many A380s sold and the new jumbo has had virtually no takers?

Both aircraft have four engines but the A-380 was on the market before fuel became so costly.

The pictured aircraft being the 747-8, only GE, because the real thing only gets GE.

If you're asking about the entire project in general:

"All three engine types will be included in the initial release, along with the 400, 400M, 400ER, 400F, 400ERF and 400BCF airplanes."

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458930-31dec14-a-little-something-for-the-new-year/page-2?p=3146399#entry3146399

No mention of the -8F yet... I hope this will also be done? :ph34r:

And I still did not really get whether the -8 will be an expansion to the -400 or a separate product, as it appears from Robert's last update that there are two seperate teams working on the two versions...?!  :huh:

Anyway, the screenshots are looking fantastic! B)

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

No mention of the -8F yet... I hope this will also be done?

The 8i and 8F will both be done, yes.

And I still did not really get whether the -8 will be an expansion to the -400 or a separate product, as it appears from Robert's last update that there are two seperate teams working on the two versions...?! 

Yes and no. Yes, it is currently planned as an expansion. No, they are not being undertaken by different teams.

Kyle Rodgers

The liveries for the current version of 747-400 and 747-8 will be compatible with v2?

I have a doubt about the 747-8i wingflex, is that like the 777 or 787?

I flew on Lufthansa's 747-8i, from São Paulo to Frankfurt and felt subtle looking it.

The liveries for the current version of 747-400 and 747-8 will be compatible with v2?

I have a doubt about the 747-8i wingflex, is that like the 777 or 787?

Liveries for the 747-400X will not be compatible with the new 747.

Don't worry about the wing flex, we got it covered :-)

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Don't worry about the wing flex, we got it covered :-)

Nice!

Something that I'd like to see is "rain on the windshield" effects. Is this likely to happen too?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Something that I'd like to see is "rain on the windshield" effects. Is this likely to happen too?

I'm no expert on this but I seem to recall that there's a limit on the number of VC animations you can have in FSX and presumably P3D so if you have realistic rain effects, you can't use a load of animations for switches and things.  I expect someone more in the know could give more details on it though.  However, if anyone does work out how to get around this limitation at some point, there's a good chance it will be PMDG.

Nice!

I can't remember who, but I know there's a dev out there you previewed this effect. I think it may be the same team who did the 777 effects package.

I can't remember who, but I know there's a dev out there you previewed this effect. I think it may be the same team who did the 777 effects package.

Indeed, FSFX.

Will the cargo versions of the 747, including both the -400 and -8, have the front end of the aircraft open up like the legacy 747 PMDG introduced a number of years ago. Also, they had an option to position a front-end loader in front of the aircraft that looked like it was ready to load the cargo.

I always thought that was really cool...............so I hope these features are included.

Another possibility, would be for the GSX guys to have an option to service these 747 cargo versions.

My wishful thinking,

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Similarly so excited for the 747. Ive been flying the 777 as my heavy since it came out, but it'll likely be replaced by the queen. Im picking up a GTX970 today, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy the 47 to its fullest! Will definately be purchasing all the variants, and Im also really happy that youre doing all the weird and less-popular 747 variants (except the Domestic model, which I wouldnt use anyway). Love to see the oddball planes, and plus then there wont be as many "fictional" repaints.

Keep up the good work PMDG! Youre making my all time favorite plane, and it's exciting.

As far as the -8 goes, it seems to me the 777 is killing it, along with some of the design. Although it is a great bird, and arguable has the best Boeing cockpit, it's not very much bigger then the 77W, and barely bigger then the 777-9X. The economics of a twin engine jet, along with the fact that the 777 is immensely popular and very similar (at least for pilots) to the 787 (don't they have a common type rating?) makes the 777 more appealing to airlines because of commonality. There is also a definate future for the trip and none for the queen, although that might be because the 748 is selling so poorly.

Additionally, the A380, the -8's main competitor, is bigger then the -8, which puts it considerably larger then the 777, at least enough that if you are going for capacity the exra bit of fuel isnt worth many less pax. It is also much larger then any Airbus models, especially those in production. Because of this the 380 is selling some planes and the -8 almost none. (side note; were it not for Emirates the 380 wouldnt be selling a lot better then Boeing. Worth noting that without that major customer there would appear to be little market anymore for te super jumbo).

I still like the 747, but I feel as though a lot of little things are contributing to its "failure."

The biggest things killing the old Queen I believe was 1) Operating costs and 2) Age (technology wise of course, the new aircraft are lighter and more fuel efficient).

Having said that, nothing beats the brute force of a max weight takeoff in that 747-400 when she is screaming down the runway at full power.   Awesome!   It really is the last aircraft that has that type of magnificence to it.   Now it is all "greener and quieter" which I can understand, but I don't necessarily have to like it do I lol?

Kind regards

The biggest things killing the old Queen I believe was 1) Operating costs and 2) Age (technology wise of course, the new aircraft are lighter and more fuel efficient).

Having said that, nothing beats the brute force of a max weight takeoff in that 747-400 when she is screaming down the runway at full power.   Awesome!   It really is the last aircraft that has that type of magnificence to it.   Now it is all "greener and quieter" which I can understand, but I don't necessarily have to like it do I lol?

Kind regards

That's why some are still very happy to do there 747TQ ;-)

André