Sign in to follow this  
bowingic

EFIS NavDisplay not working?

I'm a newbie to Panel Builder.

Have installed Panel Builder (Analog) and the EFIS Addon for Xplane.

All the gauges I've used so far, work fine including the EFIS ones, except for the Nav Display...it just shows the jpg ( ie no map updating) but the gauge buttons (VOR etc) work.

I'm using Win7 64bit fully updated and Xplane 10.35.

I checked the Panel Builder folder and the exe for the gauge is there, and the cfg file in the plugin section of Xplane has the correct port with GPS parameters etc present.

Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks for any help

Ian

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cab you verify, everything in the Nav Display is working (VOR?, JPEG, we don't use jpegs), but the map is not moving?

Also make sure you are using the latest version, 2.94. There have been many changes and fixes. To update, go to simplugins.com, the follow the Update link.

Yes the buttons work...ie waypoints, vor's can be turned on and off, and the range toggled,  but the map stays the same wherever I am, the aircraft symbol stays on the airport (KMSP),  and the G/S, TRK and TAS displays stay on 000 regardless of what the aircraft is doing or where it is.

Sorry, I should have said the map looks to be the same airport/map as shown in the EFISNavDisplay.jpg in the Instrument_EFIS folder rather than it actually being the jpg.

Panel Builder Version is 2.94, EFIS Addon Version 2.8...can't see any later updates for the latter in the Update section on the website? Checked correct C++ versions present (installed during the Panel Builder install).

Thanks

Ian  

OK I found the EFIS Add-on Update to 2.94 today...sorry, I was looking in the wrong place. Expect that will fix the problem.

Thanks

Ian

Unfortunately no...still the same problem. Have double checked all the C++ requirements etc, uninstalled and reinstalled the EFIS Addon and Xplane x64  interface.

The other EFIS gauges I've tried all work

I've run out of ideas as to what might be the problem with the NavDisplay on my system.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Ian

What version is your X-Plane 10 Interface? It has to match your Panel Builder version. You can see the version number best in Windows Control Panel under Programs and Features.

You could also try to update your EFIS Add-On. The current version is 2.94 (just like Panel Builder). Here is the link : http://www.simplugins.com/html/add_ons.html

Yes Xplane 10 interface is version 2.94 as is the EFIS Addon...have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both but still the same issue?

Thanks

Ian

When you installed the EFIS Add-On, did you specify to 'Add Instruments to Windows Firewall'?

What language is your computer set to? US-English? 

Can you send me your PanelBuilderSender.cfg file? (send it to support@simplugins.com)

This is located in X-Plane 10/resources/plugins/PanelBuilderSender

Have forwarded the PanelBuilderSender.cfg to your support email. 

Computer Language is Australia-English

Yes I did specify "Add Instruments to Windows Firewall" during the install

Thanks Again

Ian

This problem has been fixed. It was introduced in Version 2.94 of Panel Builder. It affects mainly X-Plane Users. The fix will be applied to the next update. If you need the fix earlier, send an email to support@simplugins.com