Been tinkering around on different suppliers websites and thought about this build. I'm pretty sure it can play FS9 without any lag or drop in FPS (<25). I want to know if it is FSX proof? I will have a resolution of 1920x1200 or 1920x1080. Can you advise me of the performance of FS9 and FSX please?

New spec:

2dqq0d5.jpg

Secondly, I would need to clone my current HDD and place that onto the new HDD. As the new build comes with Win 7 64-bit and I use W7 32-bit, will the clone be 100% accurate? For example 64-bit has a different folder for Program Files (x86) and normal folder. If I placed the new image across, would the folder structure change or stay the same?

Also, would the registry stay the same? I made a repository for FSINN on a 32bit system, does the same structure apply on 64-bit?

It's a good start, but you're paying for some off-brand and there is no way to know what corners have been cut.  The 4790 is great, but you can't overclock the non-K.  The mobo is on the cheaper side.  Plus, the GTX750Ti is old now and severely underpowered.  How much are you paying?

As for cloning the HDD, a clone is a clone.  It won't work like that.  You'll have to transfer everything "manually" into the new structure.

DO NOT mix your old and new OS files, this is a nightmare in the making.

sig01.png

I question is that CPU would give you anything over a good i5, which would be cheaper.

I built my computer, it's so easy these days literally anyone can do it. Full disclosure, I do work in IT but honestly, you'll get much more for you money and if you can replace headlights on a car, you can put a computer together (some cars can be a real ###### to get to the bulbs).

That being said though, if I do want to buy pre-made, either buy a computer with an SSD or purchase one separately and put Windows and your games/applications on the SSD. Don't consider anything other then the Samsung Pro series. Either 840 or 850

I question is that CPU would give you anything over a good i5, which would be cheaper.

I built my computer, it's so easy these days literally anyone can do it. Full disclosure, I do work in IT but honestly, you'll get much more for you money and if you can replace headlights on a car, you can put a computer together (some cars can be a real ###### to get to the bulbs).

That being said though, if I do want to buy pre-made, either buy a computer with an SSD or purchase one separately and put Windows and your games/applications on the SSD. Don't consider anything other then the Samsung Pro series. Either 840 or 850

OP mentions FS9/FSX, for which a 4590K would indeed be cheaper and similar in performance.  Right now, P3D takes little advantage of an i7 over an i5, but I wouldn't bet on it not changing.

As for the SSD, I fully support the EVO 850, but I'd avoid the 840 - too many problems reported with it.  Also, Crucial is a great contender too, we used them exclusively for years before trying the EVOs, and then again, until the 850, we mixed both.

sig01.png

Thank you for your quick replies! If I do go ahead with it, I will pay £400 for it. 

My max budget is £400, would anyone be able to put a similar performance build together?

Cheers

As for the SSD, I fully support the EVO 850, but I'd avoid the 840 - too many problems reported with it.  Also, Crucial is a great contender too, we used them exclusively for years before trying the EVOs, and then again, until the 850, we mixed both.

Hmm interesting, I never heard any problems, or had any with mine. I just looked the best SSD and they always came out the winner. Might be worth re-looking though since GTA 5 pretty much filled my SSD up and I need a second. It's huge!

Thank you for your quick replies! If I do go ahead with it, I will pay £400 for it. 

My max budget is £400, would anyone be able to put a similar performance build together?

Cheers

Save up some more.  You will be distinctly underwhelmed

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Save up some more.  You will be distinctly underwhelmed

Seconded.

In addition, pre-made computers will cause more problems than they solve. They typically only have enough room to fit their own components and are generally not upgradable. I learned this the hard way when I got my first PC eons ago. Ever since, I build my own.

You get more value for your money. It feels more satisfying your hard earned money is put to good use. You know exactly what went into the computer. If there is ever a need to upgrade, the option is there. I haven't completely upgraded mine yet (since 2011), but I have put a few things in it to extend its life span.